• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

my first 20 cent seated

R.I.Terry

Elite Member
yep i finally found one. i can now scratch it off my list. 1875s.seated 20 cent. also found my oldest coin to date 1729 KGII. i did'nt find much but but the seated made my day. sorry about the horrible pics.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 421
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 425
the 20 cent seated is a semi key date. there was a little over 1 million made. thay where only made for 3 years. 25,600 in 1876 and only 600 in 1877 but most of the 77's where melted down. any one of these with a CC mint mark is worth big $$$.

I've been reading MD forums for several years and this is the first twenty cent coin I've seen. Congrats. On the pics, try backing off from the coins so the camera can focus, then crop the pic and resize. Also use natural light rather than flash.

I think he's in Rhode Island.

Congratulations on some great coins. It's going to be hard to keep beating those type of coins, this soon in your hunting career. Keep up the good work!!! The quality of the pictures will improve with practice. If you have a "macro" setting on the camera, use it.:yes:

Great finds! I really like the odd demoninations. The two and three cent pieces, half dime and twenty cent piece are all still on my "to find" list. Congrats!

Congratulations on some great coins. It's going to be hard to keep beating those type of coins, this soon in your hunting career. Keep up the good work!!! The quality of the pictures will improve with practice. If you have a "macro" setting on the camera, use it.:yes:

i am new to this site but not new to detecting. i started DT'ing in 1972 but really got hard core about 10yrs ago. this has been a pretty good year so far. my first hunt this year was january 20 since than i have found
1 GW button
6 silver quarters
1 seated 20 cent
3 silver dimes
2 LG cents
1 KG III
2 KG II
1 silver ring
and lot of old relics to many to list.

Back
Top Bottom