No water hunting for awhile down here

Today the Governor of South Carolina order access to all the beaches shut down. He also ordered all public boat ramps to be closed. People especially the young will not obey orders to not gather in groups so we all suffer because of a few.

Today the Governor of South Carolina order access to all the beaches shut down. He also ordered all public boat ramps to be closed. People especially the young will not obey orders to not gather in groups so we all suffer because of a few.

I agree George, they gave Maryland a chance also to see how it went..Virus parties, and some guy had bonfire party this past weekend with 60 guest..they did lock him up..

Now we are Ordered to stay at home... and all is closed except necessary's.

Means more time for research and yard work. Also bought a TV, first I've had in 14 years. It's like being at the movies.

30th of March and the local beaches here in CT are still open...but only for solo recreation. I've seen police several times during my hunts the last week, but none have approached me...

Local surfing, swimming and family beach today at 1240 local time.

awyeMQe.jpg

In happier times and we 'will' get there.

Y0p4GFQ.jpg

Doug - Looks like you folks over there are taking this pandemic more seriously than some over here.

I live in a "beach" town and many are driving from out the area and congregating in large groups on the beach! The local Sheriff has started to issue citations as it is noted every where that this this not allowed.

It is raining pretty good right now, so maybe they will stay away! :stormy::sicknbed:

Fools will bring misery to so many. Like those from UT Austin who travelled to Cabo San Lucas. 211 went there for spring break, so far 49 of them are diagnosed with Corona Virus. It takes only one to make so many ill. Now they will be going home to their families and the,,,,goodbye grandma?

Doug - Looks like you folks over there are taking this pandemic more seriously than some over here.

I live in a "beach" town and many are driving from out the area and congregating in large groups on the beach! The local Sheriff has started to issue citations as it is noted every where that this this not allowed.

It is raining pretty good right now, so maybe they will stay away! :stormy::sicknbed:

Thanks Ron.

The message is getting through to 'most' of the population but we still have the chancers, this is what is around the corner:

"Exercise outside the home could be banned if people ignore coronavirus social distancing rules, the health secretary has warned.

Matt Hancock told the BBC's Andrew Marr that the government would "take action" if needed to control the virus.

It comes after reports of groups of people gathering in parks during sunny weather this weekend.

Meanwhile, the Department of Health said there were a further 621 deaths linked to coronavirus in the UK."

Let's hope they start taking some more forceful measures if these idiots do not stay home. They could start towing cars and applying a $500 dollar fine if you are caught at the beach. If they say "beaches are closed" it means just that!

Hawaii has shut down sunbathing and being "on" the beach but not being "in" the water for "exercise". So people are swimming, surfing, spearfishing...and metal detecting:D
Tourism has ground to a halt here unless you want to spend the first 2 weeks of your vacation self quarantined in your hotel room. If they manage to get through that everything else geared to the tourism industry is closed (rental car companies, bus tours, Polynesian Cultural Center, Arizona Memorial etc). All the restaurants in Hawaii are take out only.

Hawaii has shut down sunbathing and being "on" the beach but not being "in" the water for "exercise". So people are swimming, surfing, spearfishing...and metal detecting:D
Tourism has ground to a halt here unless you want to spend the first 2 weeks of your vacation self quarantined in your hotel room. If they manage to get through that everything else geared to the tourism industry is closed (rental car companies, bus tours, Polynesian Cultural Center, Arizona Memorial etc). All the restaurants in Hawaii are take out only.

Must be nice a quiet there for a change! Almost like going back in time!:tropical::surfin:

Seabeeron, same here, the city even closed off some streets downtown to vehicle traffic. Just about all businesses are closed except supermarkets, pharmacies and other essentials. In general I would say traffic has dropped 80% on my street which is not closed. Gotta say, not having buses roaring around is a nice change.

Must be nice a quiet there for a change! Almost like going back in time!:tropical::surfin:

It's nice I'll admit but it's also very eerie seeing the beaches so devoid of people. I hate what this virus has done to our way of life and hope as a nation we kick this things butt! It feels as if the earth is catching her breath and mother nature giving us a warning.

It's nice I'll admit but it's also very eerie seeing the beaches so devoid of people. I hate what this virus has done to our way of life and hope as a nation we kick this things butt! It feels as if the earth is catching her breath and mother nature giving us a warning.
Hate what the MSM has done to our way of life.

I was out there last night even though there are barricades at every entrance. I went right around them. If they tell me to leave I'll go north or south to another beach.

I'm not going to let this virus ruin my solitary hobby.

So even if you don't get sick, you dont care if you pass it along to a loved one or anyone else for that matter? You'd probably complain about a hole not covered but who cares if you kill someone right?

Last edited:
I agree George, they gave Maryland a chance also to see how it went..Virus parties, and some guy had bonfire party this past weekend with 60 guest..they did lock him up..

Now we are Ordered to stay at home... and all is closed except necessary's.

Means more time for research and yard work. Also bought a TV, first I've had in 14 years. It's like being at the movies.

So sorry to hear you bought a tv after14 years,I haven't had one in over 20 and I found myself to be much more easy going and happy without it. I'm planting a bigger garden to take up my time but I did find my first indian head penny in my driveway of all places. GL OBN!! The gold will be waiting!!

Back
Top Bottom