A couple of spoons and a ???

charliez

Found a colonial era foundation hole and dug up a couple of nice spoons near the foundation. A little further away, within a path that would lead from a small pond to an old pasture area, I found the other item. I think it relates to oxen because of the location and because I found ox shoes near it. If anyone watches Green Mountain Metal Detecting, the host found one recently too, had no idea what it is?? Thoughts???

Attachments

• IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_0569.jpg
    IMG_0569.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_0570.jpg
    IMG_0570.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 364
Found a colonial era foundation hole and dug up a couple of nice spoons near the foundation. A little further away, within a path that would lead from a small pond to an old pasture area, I found the other item. I think it relates to oxen because of the location and because I found ox shoes near it. If anyone watches Green Mountain Metal Detecting, the host found one recently too, had no idea what it is?? Thoughts???

I think thats from a well/pump...ive seen them before and I believe they have something to do with the pump?

Someone once IDed this as one of these. Cincinnati pump chain?

Attachments

• pump chain.jpg
    pump chain.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 320
I think thats from a well/pump...ive seen them before and I believe they have something to do with the pump?

Had heard that as well...its def. old and seems like it was from the same time period of everything else that I have found at this site. Hopefully someone knows for certain what it is!!

Interesting...The pump chain makes sense, just not where I would expect to find it. Thanks for the responses!

Back
Top Bottom