Detecting 1.07

twistidd

I woke up at the crack of dawn this morning to go detecting. I first hit a park in my old neighborhood, didn't find anything but 4 cents in the whole playground. It was still freezing so I took off and headed for the park I went to yesterday (that the people locked up for thier dogs to run loose in). I did pretty well there and stopped at another park on the way home, finding a few more coins. Total was just under $2.00 and of course, a few odds and ends. I'm still waiting for gold ring #2. No druggies today, a nice calm day.

Joe

Joe - I hunt these places a lot and find that the gold rings & things are frequently in little places that other guys dont bother looking at. Such as = way under the structure where one has to almost crawl into; under steps that have a foot or so clearance; by going to and away from the metal posts you will sometimes hear an extra sound; scrape the buildup chipbark or sand away from the metal with your foot & then detect it ; I presume you are using low disc to get it all. I find also that I dig nickels about 25% of the time, and that's where the gold & silver live .
Good luck, Steve in so az

steve in so az said:
by going to and away from the metal posts you will sometimes hear an extra sound; scrape the buildup chipbark or sand away from the metal with your foot & then detect it ; I presume you are using low disc to get it all. I find also that I dig nickels about 25% of the time, and that's where the gold & silver live .

Good tip Steve, that is one I will keep in the back of my mind !!!

Back
Top Bottom