Beneath the streets

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
When opportunity knocks you've got to answer.

Wyatt Earp, old front street, in Dodge City Kansas is being torn up and offers a possible once in a life time opportunity to recover the past. I've been keeping an eye out for the right time and the time is right. I did some sampling the other day to make sure they have exposed the right layer, and it looks good.

I spent about 45 minutes just walking through the area and found a variety of items including one coin. I friend of mine just got a new ACE 250 and we plan to hunt this area this weekend.

Here are some pictures of the area and my sampling.

boothill1.jpg

frntst1.jpg

wheat1920.jpg

Wow - that penny's in not so good shape! :( I hope you find some nice stuff like a merc or 2.

looks promising man :yes: those 3 little rings r a good omen,find alot of these over here to in the eu coins are never to far away :yes:

The date on that wheatie is 1920 right???  Nice find.

I am a contractor that works on the streets and roadways quite often, so i usually find cool things just on my own when we open a new trench or a 100-year old vault under the roadway. Just this week i scored a few very old cobblestones from 4 feet under a prominant Boston roadway. I've scored a few coins dating from the 20's to 40's behind ancient equipment. Next week i start working on a bridge built in 1908. Hopefully i can find some cool stuff inside where nobody has been in a long while

hunted a similar situation in southern Illinois a few years back. Found a few coins, but mostly Iron relics, several old horseshoes as well. Looks like a good spot. Try to find where they took the dirt they took off. Could be full of keepers....................

Nice finds.

Here?s a tip. Before you announce your hunting spot, wait until you hunt it out or other will use the information and beat you to the treasure.

HH

Well 10 years ago I would have agreed Ant but now I enjoy giving others the thrill I've enjoyed for years. I took some friends with me this weekend and we found a variety of stuff. Once I clean it up I will post a picture of some thing I found that looks like it could be some sort of surveying instrument.

Don't get me wrong the thrill is not gone even after 30 years, but after finding 27 walking liberty halves, I get more of a thrill when someone new to the hobby finds one. I get to relive the old days.

I still have my special places ;)

Back
Top Bottom