• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Silver X2

EncrustedYen

Elite Member
2,855 Yen ( $31 ) in modern coins from two hunts.
Three more 500 yens to bring the yearly total to 4 and 36th overall.

The 500 yen on the left is the new version. You can easily notice the difference by looking at the zeros in 500. The new 500's are made from 2000-present. The other two are older versions made from 1982 -1999.

The new 500's are a cinch to get because they register as a 6 on the GTI which is to the right of square tabs which are a 5 and to the left of screw top bottle caps which are a 7. Very little garbage comes in at a solid 6 so when I dig a 6 the percentage that are 500 yens is very high- 50 percent or better.

The old 500's are a 4.5 which is identical to a ring tab. Needless to say I dig a lot more tabs than old 500's.

The silver necky was found in a soccerfield I have hunted on and off for 2 years. It is marked 925/ Italy. This is my first dug silver necklace...theother ones I found were eyeballed. It has a box-link design and sounded off nicely.
I found the big piece first and then worked around the area and found the other two pieces of it. ( Total 10.3 grams )

The bracelet is my third silver 925 bracelet. I found this one about 3 inches down in a grass playing field. I have hunted this field several times. Amazed that it missed it so many times. It looks chunky but is hollow inside. ( 15.8 grams ) The Yokohama King token is the first of its kind I have dug.

The ring is a junker. Came in at 4.5 ie perfect ring tab. I have dug too many junk rings to count that have come in at tab. My only gold rings were both 3.5 which is half a notch left of nickel. ( or in Japan half a notch left of 50 and 100 yens )

Anyway- perfect hunting weather here...first silver of the year finally in!

HH

Yen

Attachments

• More Feb 2010.jpg
    More Feb 2010.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 212
WTG Yen - you broke the ice for silver ! Good going on finding the broken pieces - I usually cannot find them. I do see the difference in the 0's of the 500 yen. Your hunt proves that sites conmtinue to produce. 31 bux for 2 hunts is a great haul ! steve in so az

not sure where you are, but when I lived by Enoshima Island (south of Kamakura), the beaches there were loaded with coins and jewelry. the area is sister city to Miami Beach. the tokyo crowd flocks there. awesome hunting.

got to love those 100 yen and 500 yen coins. I'd save mine from a week or two of hunting, then go play pachinko. I was Pachi-pro back then, I loved it.

keep posting pics!

Great job on the hunt! You did well on the silver and the big coin totals. It's nice when you understand your machine well enough to pretty much know what will be coming out of the ground on certain readings!

Back
Top Bottom