Permission hunt showcases services

High Tone Drifter

Elite Member
Despite the crippling heat and humidity today, I secured a new permission in a small nearby town. I am hoping to detect pretty much the whole town and have been going door to door the last several weekends. It's an old town and I have been successful several times. I knocked on two houses without an answer and on the third met George Ham. George is an old Vet that served in WWII. He was very enthusiastic about letting me detect his property. He even gave me a few things to look out for. One being a bullet he pulled out of his leg when he was shot during the war. He carried it as a good luck piece until he lost it. The second was a silver dollar he also used to carry and lost. Before you get excited, I didn't find either. But I still have the backyard to do so there is still hope. I know this is a long story, but I thought it was interesting. The yard had a ton of old items in it, but hardly a coin to be found except a quarter spill of three 1965,66,and 67 quarters. I also found a star token (anyone know what it was meant for?) and a commemorative token for the Freedom 7 Mercury Capsule on May 5, 1961. The great find of the day is this awesome copper door sign saying "ladies toilet". LOL....love it! While detecting, the across the road neighbor is interested in what I am doing and calls over to me. The neighbors house is undoubtedly the nicest in town and I had been drooling over detecting there but did not ask because....well, it's too nice!
Turns out the guy is very curious about what could be hiding on his land! He tells me that anytime I want to just knock and let him know....all three acres of it! YAY! The first house pic is the house I was detecting, the second is the house that I have been offered! :D

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0447.JPG
    IMG_0447.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0449.JPG
    IMG_0449.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0448.JPG
    IMG_0448.JPG