• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

GOLD! Hunting with the Traveler in MD. and a day of firsts?

MD-Mainiac

Forum Supporter
Met up with "the traveler" this morning.... we went to Sandy Point..

Apparently yesterday morning, by 9:15 am, there were 10,000 people there. But it rained for 3 hours starting around 10:30am, and the park/beach was closed at 6:00pm becuase of t-storms rolling through.
It was my worst day at the beach... .30 in clad and nothing else.
Traveler found some coinage and a .925 ring. He water hunted, I sand hunted.

Later we went to a new place, I had just gotten permission to hunt.
A 100+ year old property on a river.. We both dug up some neat iron artifacts... Chuck can tell you what he found himself later...

And I got two firsts today... a .30-.30 caliber casing. and a Gold ring...
it reads 10k, and it looks old. I have yet to figure out what the big 1+ karat stone is, but I am pretty sure it is not a diamond. Though it is surrounded by diamonds.

Chuck is a very cool guy and very fun to hang with.

20150705_120321_zpssz38ihfz.jpg

20150705_120316_zpshjtmy1up.jpg

20150705_120345_zpshmj8p4ca.jpg

Last edited:
For you AT Pro users.. the gold came in at around 54, that was when it was put back in the hole and the plug back on top. on the surface it was in the high 40's.

well, I knew it wasn't a diamond in the center... sigh..

It looks exactly like this one. I found this picture on fleabay.... But I will let my jeweler friend tell me whats up... It isn't very valuable according to the current fleabay ad.

$_57.JPG

Big time congrats! Looks pretty and gold is gold, so you have a winner! What did it sound like?

i saw the first pics and thought Id like to see a better shot of the ring....then as i scrolled down BAM!!! beauty!!

Nice looking ring! Gold congrats!
Question hmmmm what's the capital of Denmark ?
All I got tonight were mosquito bites 😃

Nice ring! Congrats on your first gold!!!

Thanks.
First gold ring. My first gold was a 10k earring I found my first time at the beach... I was walking along the water line swinging my MD and got a sound, looked down and saw the little flash of yellow.

Now, in all honestly, I really don't think the MD saw the earring, I think I saw it because I was looking down at the sand. It wasn't buried in the sand. I am pretty sure it was being in the right place at the right time.

Last edited:
Thanks.
First gold ring. My first gold was a 10k earring I found my first time at the beach... I was walking along the water line swinging my MD and got a sound, looked down and saw the little flash of yellow.

Now, in all honestly, I really don't think the MD saw the ring, I think I saw it because I was looking down at the sand. It wasn't buried in the sand. I am pretty sure it was being in the right place at the right time.

Sure happens that way a lot, right place, right time..... ;) Congrats!

I had the ring repaired. I dinged it with my digging tool.
My jeweler friend didn't charge me for fixing it. (nice guy).

It is a size 6.75, it has a 1.5 carat aquamarine Marquee cut stone. It is 10kt.

It looks beautiful now that it is cleaned and repaired. Just like the picture above.

He estimated the value at around $50.00, but it is worth way more to me as it is my first!

I had the ring repaired. I dinged it with my digging tool.
My jeweler friend didn't charge me for fixing it. (nice guy).

It is a size 6.75, it has a 1.5 carat aquamarine Marquee cut stone. It is 10kt.

It looks beautiful now that it is cleaned and repaired. Just like the picture above.

He estimated the value at around $50.00, but it is worth way more to me as it is my first!

That's it???? $50 are you sure this guy is your friend, wow I would have had the ring at 10k with the stone in at least $4-500... aww who cares great find and keep pulling them, I'm not hitting and if I cant post at least I can share in your dream days.... Thanks

That's it???? $50 are you sure this guy is your friend, wow I would have had the ring at 10k with the stone in at least $4-500... aww who cares great find and keep pulling them, I'm not hitting and if I cant post at least I can share in your dream days.... Thanks

aquamarines are really cheap stones...

I am sure the original purchaser paid more then that.
The one I saw on fleabay was used and selling for 59.99. So I don't think my friend is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom