• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First Silver with the F44

BBsGal

Forum Supporter
I'm starting to kind of understand this machine. I have been working in pretty trashy areas with it and have been running it with the sensitivity turned way down, but tonight I had an hour till the sun went down and decided to take it to my best cleaned out area, just down the road. Just for grins, since I've dug everything there that my F2 would pick up, I turned the sensitivity up to 20 and let her rip.

Within 2 minutes I got a hit in the 50s at 8", so I dug it. A 1952 wheatie. Now, this wasn't quite 8" down but more like 5-6. I was impressed since I've swept that spot more than 20 times in the past year and a half and missed that wheat every time.

I decided to check the spot where I found my first and only Merc dime in a hole with 2 wheats when I first started using the F2. That bunch was at about 9" and I don't believe the F2 would have found just one single coin at that depth, but maybe it would have.

Anyway, I hit the same area with the F44 and immediately got a hit that bounced between the high silver numbers, 60s to 80s, and even edged into the 90s, but read at 10" down. Since it was so deep I decided to go ahead and dig to see what it was.

To my surprise, right near 10" down I actually spied silver in the hole and found this well-worn 1940 Washington, only the 2nd silver quarter I've found so far.

I had a total of three other hits, and dug them all. One was a small chunk of metal that really wasn't identifiable, the other two were metal soda bottle cap inserts and one was still partially attached to the old style pop bottle top. By that time it was getting dark so I decided to call it a night.

Now, I've hit this area so many times that there weren't even any junk signals left to hit, so I'm immensely impressed with the F44's performance. I can't imagine what it will do when I actually figure out more of what I'm doing with it!

picture.php

picture.php

Congrats on the GW and Wheat! Can't wait to see a few more F44 users start posting. I like the tones. If reports are good the ATP may get a friend.

Tried the 5" yet? Curious how it performs.

I haven't yet Craig, planning to get it out Sunday morning early after the local 4th of July celebration and see if anyone drops anything good during the fireworks :grin:

I'll keep you posted, it's sure a fun machine so far...

Nice! How was your swing speed? Do you have to slow down to oick up the deep signals or it doesnt have a problem finding them? Congrats are you tempted to keep swinging the "hunted out" sight?lol good luck

Nice! How was your swing speed? Do you have to slow down to oick up the deep signals or it doesnt have a problem finding them? Congrats are you tempted to keep swinging the "hunted out" sight?lol good luck

Thanks. I was taking it fairly slow but not unnaturally slow. When it hit the signals there was no mistaking them, nice and clear even though the quarter signal bounced quite a bit. And yep, I went back and hit it again yesterday morning and got... wait for it.... Not a thing! Go figure! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom