Class ring returned to owner....

mdb65037

Had a lady that lost her class ring 29 years ago while washing her car in the back yard of her moms... She show me about where it was lost,an area about 40x40 foot... So I started to look for it..The yard had alot of junk in it,so about 30 minutes of looking I got a hard hit on the Vaquero and it was telling me that this was a good target...Dug down about 3 inches and pop my plug out and check the plug,nothing it it... Stuck the pro pointer in the hole and it was going off crazy... Dug down another 1/2 inch and pulled out that dirt and there is was looking back at me... The lady(Jan) was setting with her mother on the back deck and I look up and ask Jan if she could come over here and see if she know what this thing was that I just dug up.. Well,I never seen anyone that could run as fast as she did and I though she was going to run over me.. I pointed the to the ring and she snatch it up in a heart beat and headed to the house to clean it up...She came back out from the house and the first thing she said,I can't believe you found it... She was so excited and shaking so bad I though her blood sugar was low LOL LOL... So told me she had other people through the years with metal detectors looking for it and they never found it... She tried a couple of times to pay me and the last time she offered me money,I told her if you don't put your money away I'm going to keep the ring with me smiling as I said that... So there was two people that had their day made.... It's a good feeling to find something that means so much to that person after 29 years of it being lost....

Attachments

• Jan's class ring....jpg
    Jan's class ring....jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 468
Bravo! Thank you for being an honorable ambassador for the hobby. Thanks for sharing the story. You are an inspiration to all of us!

Congrats on finding and returning this 30 years old class ring to its original owner!!!:thumbsup:

This was my second class ring that I found and returned to it's owners... Nothing better then to see the owners eyes light up when I hand them their ring that they lost... Want to thank all of you for your comments.... This is what makes metal detecting worth it....

This was my second class ring that I found and returned to it's owners... Nothing better then to see the owners eyes light up when I hand them their ring that they lost... Want to thank all of you for your comments.... This is what makes metal detecting worth it....

Absolutely!

Keep making us proud! :D

After about the 4th hole that I dug the mother came up beside me and said maybe this will help you out better at digging,she had a big shovel... I said my lesche is just doing fine and told her that shovel makes a big hole..she said that's ok,the grass will grow back..I continue to use my lesche... I think I could of brought in a backhoe and did the digging and what ever it took to find that ring,that's how bad they wanted me to find it..

And tonyva123,that day will come,just keep swinging...

I love stories like this. That is awesome.

At the same time, 29 years ago, 1984. Never thought of how long ago 1984 is. I graduated the same year!! Now I feel wicked old!! :(

Back
Top Bottom