• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

It's Football Season & I Found A Player!

NC_Jim

I got chance to hunt Monday afternoon for about an hour. I went to a harvested bean field that I have hunted before because there used to be an old house there and there is an even older small family cemetery there also. The area that I usually hunt is about a 100 yard walk from where I park. This time I decided to take another path in and detect as I walked to where I wanted to detect. I had no more than walked 10 yards from the highway when I got a diggable signal that turned out to be a clad quarter. Another step or two and I found a clad dime. Needless to say I spent my hour right there in that location and found 5 quarters, 2 dimes, and 8 pennies as well as the statue part from a sports trophy. After thinking about why those coins would be in that field, I remembered that a tornado destroyed a mobile home in that area about 2-3 years ago and it seems that it may have come to rest in that part of the field. I was thinking about doing some research to find the possible owner of the trophy and maybe return it to him. We'll see!

Attachments

• mon07hunt.jpg
    mon07hunt.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 101
Back
Top Bottom