French Coin in NC ... Go figure!

NC_Jim

Sunday I was able to get out for a few hours to hunt an abandoned farm house about 5-6 miles from my home. It was the most unusual hunt I've had to date. I found only one US coin (wheat with no visible date) but found quite a few household type relics and my first foreign coin ... a Republique Francaise Daniel Dupuis 10 Centime piece. When I first pulled it from the ground I thought I had my first large cent piece. Later I pulled another object, coin-shaped and about the size of a half with an Indian head on it (needless to say this about took my breath and then I slowly realized it must be a token or medalion of some type. It turns out it is a Occaneechee Farms medalion of some sort. The other finds included a nice door knob, an old lighter, a bullet casing, two military buttons, a copper ball of some sort, a Chevrolet medalion/object, a broken ring of sorts, and an unidentified piece that look like a bell/dome with a man holding what appears to be a bugle. What a day! If you would like to see what the French coin looks like in good condition you can visit the following link: http://translate.google.com/transla...ique+francaise+daniel&start=10&hl=en&lr=&sa=N

Attachments

• sun07hunt.jpg
    sun07hunt.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 133
  • frenchcoinfront.jpg
    frenchcoinfront.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 128
  • frenchcoinback.jpg
    frenchcoinback.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 127
  • occaneecheefarm.jpg
    occaneecheefarm.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 131
I also wanted to post a photo of the two military buttons that I found. Surprisingly the large one was in the backyard and the small one was in the front yard.

Attachments

• militarybuttons.jpg
    militarybuttons.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 129
very cool finds...

I wonder how often US coin show up aboard. Exlcuding military bases of course..

Back
Top Bottom