tot lot craziness.

tin_can

a beautiful sunday, and the northeast US has been getting amazing weather! i heard the MD rattling in the basement, eager to go and play. some light cleaning in the house to please the lady, and off i went! i went to my old elementary school i went to some time ago because the have this huge, huge, HUGE wooden playground that was built while i attended. i remember the wonderful days of playing in that thing...so fun!

the whole thing was torn down.

wow, was i surprised! i learned from a local that about 2 years ago they tore it down, however they replaced it with one of those red yellow and blue jungle gyms. not bad, but all the goodies are trapped underneath the dreaded woodchips and plastic liner. i found 3 quarters and a penny...woohoo!

after that escapade i went to a much smaller tot lot and found 6 more pennies. this seemed to be my penny day...all clad!

As with you in your neck of the necks we to in the Chicagoland area we are expriencing unusually warm weather so it is just a blesisng to be out and about in January without wearing 14 layers of clothes....

Nothing wrong with finding a little clad either...

cheers
Charles

The weather is unbelievably warm here in Upstate NY as well. I went outside with no jacket at all on Saturday. That's pretty crazy for the middle of January.

Makes me want to start talking like an old timer about how much coldier/snowier winters were "back when I was a kid."

Good going, clad or not. I look at it this way, its more than you would have NORMALLY found this time of the year. Gitter-Dun :lol:

I would guess that some kid got a splinter and his parents sued the @%$ off the school so they had to go to plastic :roll:

Anyway a penny day is a fine day.

Keep on Swingin

odd that you day that, the old guy i talked to about the playground being torn down said it was because of some enviromental concerns of the chemicals used to treat the wood. not sure if he was crazy though...

Back
Top Bottom