DeerTown Token

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
As mentioned in a previous post, found this token on a parkway. Deertown seems to be shut down and for sale. Could be 40 years old, could be 5 years old? Cannot get much history about the place :?:

The token is a little bigger than a quarter, Ace was reading it as a cent or dime.

Attachments

• deertown_obverse.jpg
    deertown_obverse.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 106
  • deertown_reverse.jpg
    deertown_reverse.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 101
Tokens are always fun to find, I dug a lot of "bar" tokens out of my parents yard back in the 70's, wonder what that says for / about the family............ :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a cool token. So far I've found a Showbiz Pizza token and a Wednesday Company token. I'm actually looking forward to getting some more.

Joe

Hey OZ, you found something from my neck of the woods. Park Rapids is about 2 hours away and I have been there several times fishing. I don't ever recall seeing anything related to the token though. I will do some checking the next time I am up that way.

Well OZ I did a little checking and Deertown does not exist anymore and the property is either up for sale or sold according to a realty site I found. Might be a place to detect if I'm up that way!

SteveMN said:
Hey OZ, you found something from my neck of the woods. Park Rapids is about 2 hours away and I have been there several times fishing. I don't ever recall seeing anything related to the token though. I will do some checking the next time I am up that way.
Hey the property is for sale: http://www.homeshq.net/listing.cfm?list_number=06-5311 As if tokens are included :lol:

Back
Top Bottom