Recent bullets..err..findings

Voriax

Forum Supporter
Hello. It's been a while since I've been posting pics of my finds so here is an update.

I've been checking that farm again, this time I hunted fields that are close to the buildings. Not very rewarding, especially as after the harvest there's a 15cm tall stubble hindering the process. Gotta hit those fields again in the spring. Anyways, besides the numerous iron/steel objects that've probably been broken loose from farming tools I did find something interesting. A handful of musket balls and few older coins. One coin being from mid- 18th century. The most exiting coin find was the one in the pic, a 25 pennies coin from 1890. And a silver coin. Its condition is quite good imho, considering it was found from a field that's been in cultivation for ages.

Yesterday and today I've been combing the nearby beach that's been very generous this summer. Water levels are so low that I'm able to detect areas that are normally under 30cm of water or so. And large parts of the beach have only a centimeter or two of water covering it...
Results so far are 69 coins, 4 rings, one earring, few bullets, dozen or so bullet casings, one very rusty clock and the standard amount of trash. For some reason I've found half a dozen copper nails....go figure. If you look at the coin pic there are couple interesting ones..from top left downwards: A Turkish 100 lira coin from 1969. Two Russian 10 kopcks, fairly recent. And...a Russian denga from 1748!!! From local beach!
Rather corroded of course but the year is clearly visible.

That's it for now, I think I'll head back to that beach tomorrow unless it rains.

Voriax

Attachments

• kuulat.jpg
    kuulat.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 202
  • killinki.jpg
    killinki.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 199
I must have missed this post earlier. Glad to see you posting pics again. Congrats on the great finds.

Happy Swingin

Nice going! That's a huge bullet in that pic!

Back
Top Bottom