1902 IHP, 53 wheat, USMC Capt. Hat Pin.

Ant

I recovered a 1902 Indian head penny, 1953 wheat and an old USMC Capt. Hat Pin.  One thing about this site, all of the find have come from an area about 8'x8' in size. This is most likely because the area where the finds are coming from is on a side street, where the sidewalks have not been replaced for quite some time. This view of the site is of the main street side. Where the sidewalks have been replaced and MD'er hunted out long ago.

When the IHP came out I couldn?t read the date. But with a little vegetable oil soaking it looks like 1902. If anyone disagrees or is not sure, I can post a picture in a day or two, its back in the vegetable oil soak for now. 

HH

Attachments

• SIdewalk Demo Hunt 2 Area.JPG
    SIdewalk Demo Hunt 2 Area.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 162
  • SIdewalk Demo Hunt 2 Finds and Trash.JPG
    SIdewalk Demo Hunt 2 Finds and Trash.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 155
Added Extra Pictures, hope that's ok.

Attachments

• SIdewalk Demo Hunt 2 Finds.JPG
    SIdewalk Demo Hunt 2 Finds.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 150
  • SIdewalk Demo Hunt 2 1902.JPG
    SIdewalk Demo Hunt 2 1902.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 154
Great job on the IH. It's amazing how different soil types will affect the amount of corrosion from area to another. The first possible IH I pulled out of the ground last year was obliterated to the point where every detail was gone and I couldn't say for sure it was an IH (ID based on VDI). Then I found one a couple weeks ago with no corrosion at all.

Back
Top Bottom