• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Belt Buckle

HarddCore

Found my first belt buckle tonight!!!  It was pouring out and I think the rain brought some luck and some depth!!!  Anyways I hit this about 5-6 inches down in a park which used to be an old field on a farm not far from the farm house which still stands today.  The buckle seems to be made of brass, however the middle (hole poker) piece seems to be made of Iron.   Anyone have any Idea on it's age???  I also found a $1 Canadian Looney (big suprise seeing this is Massachusetts) and some U.S. Clad and old axe head at another site earlier in the day and a dog metal collar with 1978 tags still attached.  So it was a pretty good day all things considered, I am still however looking for my first silver.  Can't wait till that happens!!!

Anyways,

Happy Hunting

-Evan

Nice buckle!  I found one very similar without the center iron piece but have no idea about the age.

i find lots of those type of buckles at old cellar holes , i bet it is mid to late 1800's keep searchin there might be old coins as well :yes:

Del hit it on the head....if you wire wheel it, it will clean it up nicely. Most of the iron pins rot off in the ground...

Congrats on a great relic find! Hank 8)

That's a fine buckle. Mid to late 1800's I would say, perhaps before the Civil War.

DM

Back
Top Bottom