Whats your finds with AT PRO

altereddezignz

Not sure if i can ask this since it is for showing your finds but would like to see some of the find people are getting with the AT PRO. I mainly see the CTX 3030 on here that i do not own and just looking to what i can expect out of my AT PRO or am i just gonna be let down.

I've seen lots of good finds with the AT PRO, via land hunting.....Have you checked out some of the finds people are getting on Utube in streams?? Amazing!!!!

Just browsing and came across your post, hope you get some pics..

My camera and phone are on the up grade list so sorry I cant post pictures.
But having upgraded to the At pro(this spring) from the Ace 250, I can say that you finds will increase! I'm learning this machine every time I go out.
I started with the big DD coil, not finding any silver.
Until the last 3 weeks, I've been using the smaller DD coil,
& found 1 silver rosie, 1 merc and 3 V nickels
and a '54 Washington, yesterday, along with a little 2" toy pistol revolver gun maybe from a doll ? guessing from the 30's or 40's? my clad count is at an even 64 dollars with 20 wheats, my metal detecting season didn't start till march 14 of this year here in north Iowa.
Read Read Read your owners manual, watch the dvd and u-tube videos,
It also helped me by finding a friend with the AT pro and hunting with him,
I think his AT has a vaccum mode on his machine, he has been sucking up the jewelry around these parts!:bling:
good luck happy hunting

This my first year with the AT Pro. The finds below are from Jan-Jun 2015. Just my good jewelry, good coins, tokens/watch fobs. See signature block for totals.

Last edited:
I am new to detecting as ive only done it for one year in new Hampshire. Im only 33yrs old and I haven't spent much time at saltwater beaches because I seem to find it easier in the freshwater beaches. But Since starting ive found 13 rings, a perfect silver necklace with pendant, many flat buttons the oldest 1820 navy officer. My best find I think is the key to the city of Boston. I had it authenticated by a museum as ww1 era and am in the process of getting more info on it. I am getting help from the curator at the mass statehouse and she is the one who opened the time capsule from paul revere that he placed in the corner stone of the capital. I have my pics in my album u can see. I found this makeup compact today. I like the at pro but I have no experience with anything else. One thing ill say is use it on pro mode. It takes time but really practice and listen to the difference between different things. and use the iron audio button when u think u have a good hit. When u hit the button u will hear the iron in beer caps. I followed a man at a sandy freshwater beach. he was on standard mode and me on pro mode. I found a war nickel a mercury dime and a amethyst and sterling ring right behind him.

Attachments

• 20150706_222510.jpg
    20150706_222510.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 338
  • 20150612_202314.jpg
    20150612_202314.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 340
One thing ive been wondering is why with mine have I found more then fifty wheat pennies and I haven't found one Indian penny. It has to be my spots but it makes me wonder if im missing things

Thanks you guys for the info and stories. I have been second guessing myself since I got the at pro about not saving more and getting the ctx 3030 but from the looks of it, it really is a good detector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks you guys for the info and stories. I have been second guessing myself since I got the at pro about not saving more and getting the ctx 3030 but from the looks of it, it really is a good detector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It takes time and digging lots of holes to learn your machine and when/when not to dig. The AT Pro is a very capable detector, but you also have to hunt spots that have the goods. That is where a little research pays off.

It might be easier for me to say what I "haven't" found yet with my AT, lol. ;)
Platinum, tungsten, titanium.
I've scored no less than 18 rings, 2 were gold returns for the owners, 4 gold keepers, at least 4 silver keepers, some junk rings and other jewelry.
I don't know how many larger cents (several dozen), couple of Indian heads, quite a few silver coins and oodles of relics of all kinds! :yes:

I mainly use the AT Pro for schools and tot lots so other than clad it is mostly jewelry.

2014-rings-2.jpg

2013-rings.jpg

Attachments

• 2012-gold.jpg
    2012-gold.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 310
Altered, any machine that you master will not let you down if you can get the coil over a good target.

If the targets aren't there to detect, no machine is going to make you happy.

I've dug the same respectable types of targets using my AT Pro this season as I was last year with my ACE 350. Only a few of my finds were deeper than what I'd expect the 350 to go. The AT Pro like most VDI machines shines when it can help give you a better idea what the target could be before you open up the ground. In other words, you'll spend less time digging undesirable targets.

How many hours do you have on your Pro?

I have about 25 hunts on mine and less than 100 hours.

Altered, any machine that you master will not let you down if you can get the coil over a good target.

If the targets aren't there to detect, no machine is going to make you happy.

I've dug the same respectable types of targets using my AT Pro this season as I was last year with my ACE 350. Only a few of my finds were deeper than what I'd expect the 350 to go. The AT Pro like most VDI machines shines when it can help give you a better idea what the target could be before you open up the ground. In other words, you'll spend less time digging undesirable targets.

How many hours do you have on your Pro?

I have about 25 hunts on mine and less than 100 hours.

At this time under 2 hours. I am just curious.

The AT PRO is a very respectable machine and if you spend the time to learn it, you will find many things:yes:
Here are a few of my favorites from the past three years:

Attachments

• 6-23-13 Park 5.jpg
    6-23-13 Park 5.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 214
  • spear A.jpg
    spear A.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 290
  • 10-25-14 7 silvers in the raw.jpg
    10-25-14 7 silvers in the raw.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 218
  • 5-30-15 Seated Half 3.jpg
    5-30-15 Seated Half 3.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 215
  • 5-30-15 Seated Half.jpg
    5-30-15 Seated Half.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 211
  • 7-5-15 Knights Templar buckle.jpg
    7-5-15 Knights Templar buckle.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 213
Too many to list but my ring count quadrupled once I learned the ATP! 2 and 3 ring hunts...ON LAND are not uncommon on the right locations. ;)

I have 2. One has the stock coil and the 5X8 rides the second. April was 2 years I've been hunting and I had about 15 months with the ATP.

I recently cleaned rolled and deposited nearly $1400 in clad. About 40% were quarters. I've gotten about 30 rings. Half were silver, 7 gold and the rest Junkers. Also found a small gold chain and a gold grill from someone's teeth. A bunch of matchbox cars, tons of scrap and miscellaneous.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 188
Back
Top Bottom