• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hunting at schools!

NoxDude

Elite Member
Great day today and yesterday. I found almost $43 in clad and a silver ring!!

I am finding that schools are a great dumping ground for clad. I was at a elementary school yesterday thinking that I was in the clear with nobody there. Little did I know that summer school is in session and with 20 flags peppered on the playing field with quarters underneath them.. I found that I was in almost the middle of there recess!!! They started walking out of their class onto the field!! Well luckily I was at the end of the field but still how uncomfortable is that??? I seriously stay away from any school activities but man.. that was weird.. :lol:

ATPRO Dude

I would've been uncomfortable there, too. I only search school grounds when no one is there.

Awesome job on the clad, over $2,500 in less than 3 years.

Do you always mark targets and then go back and dig them? I've never done that, just dig them as I go.

I hunt them after business hours or weekends, to avoid employees who like to makeup rules. I have found a lot of clad and some jewelry, some foreign coins, and toys. But, with the use of lunch accounts and the ability to replenish the account online, I think the clad will eventually dry up, or nearly.

I would've been uncomfortable there, too. I only search school grounds when no one is there.

Awesome job on the clad, over $2,500 in less than 3 years.

Do you always mark targets and then go back and dig them? I've never done that, just dig them as I go.

jaybirdhgr,

yeah that is my little secret I guess. I mark the field first then dig. It really saves my back. Takes my less then 30 sec or so to pinpoint and digging the plug. I don't spend time looking at the coin. (usually quarters) find and off to the next flag target. I get more clad that way.
A great workout! HA!

I am not going to find old stuff out here. My main hunt are quarters. I am hoping to hit $1,000 by the end of the year.

ATPro Dude

I hunt them after business hours or weekends, to avoid employees who like to makeup rules. I have found a lot of clad and some jewelry, some foreign coins, and toys. But, with the use of lunch accounts and the ability to replenish the account online, I think the clad will eventually dry up, or nearly.
I find this to be true also. kids really don't need cash for lunch anymore ,the coinage I find around schools is mostly from the 80's, I miss the good old day's :(

School are off limits here. They are fenced in and tightly. However I believe you can hunt the unfenced fronts and sides. I have swung over them while 30 yards away a policeman parked doing paperwork. And there are usually plenty of coins to be found.

Along with Chuck E Cheese tokens...:laughing:

You`re killing it Jason ! Great job..I got a good haul today from a few schools and a junk ring...Will post later. The 90 degree heat killed me..Continued success.

Back
Top Bottom