Getting the best out of my Bounty Hunter Tracker iv

SnakeSpiritDude

Hello. Been metal detecting off and on for about a year now, but I can't get into it because I don't feel like I understand my tracker iv that well honestly. I was wondering if any of you had any information on this machine like tips or good settings for me because if I learn more about it i'm sure i'll enjoy it more :D.

SnakeSpiritDude: said:
Hello. Been metal detecting off and on for about a year now, but I can't get into it because I don't feel like I understand my tracker iv that well honestly. I was wondering if any of you had any information on this machine like tips or good settings for me because if I learn more about it i'm sure i'll enjoy it more :D.
SSD, I have questions I order to try and help:

?? How old are you, at least a general age group?

?? What types of detecting have you done or do you plan to do? In other words, types of locations and site challenges? What are you mainly searching for?

?? What encouraged you to acquire a BH Tracker IV?

Initial Comments based on your post:

** If you've only been detecting "off-and-on" for about a year and can't t figure out the Tracker IV's strengths and weaknesses, then there have been way too many 'off' days.

** What is it, specifically, that you do not understand and want to know?

** Have you read and re-read the Owner Manual? Have you made notes of what it is you might not understand in the manual or about the controls?

** The best way to enjoy any detector more is by using it often. Learning the strengths and weaknesses, then overcoming the challenges, if possible, with adjustment settings ... or by moving on to a better featured, better designed more capable detector.

That's not a pitch to invest a lot of $$$ in a top- dollar detector. It is simply an encouragement to have an adequate detector for where you plan to hunt and to work with the challenges you encounter.

Monte

You should be able to find a lot of info on using the tracker by using the search function. Also search youtube, bet they have several tutorials.
and you might consider a Minelab Vanquish 340 as a better machine for newbies. It is under 200 bucks, barely.

i use a tracker 4 i love it for a fast coin hunt
set the knobs at 1 o'clock & put the switch in tone
my gal uses 1 & kicks my butt many days & im using the high dollar units
its good for 6 inches & finds the goods

A coworker's wife bought him one and he wanted to bring it to work and hunt with me since he knew I hunted there a lot. I was surprised that it performed as well as it did.

The BH Tracker IV is one of those detectors that been around for loads and loads of years. Because, its a real detector that finds treasure!!! The attached pictures can be shown any bigger for some reason. Sent a PM, email me then I can send them yo you.

Attachments

• bh1.jpg
    bh1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 260
  • bh2.jpg
    bh2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 256
  • bh3.jpg
    bh3.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 255
  • bh4.jpg
    bh4.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 228
Still got my Tracker IV, and it's still a good machine. FWIW, I suggest throwing some coins, rings, pull tabs ect. on the ground and then playing with the settings and swinging to see the results and hear the sounds. It will all start to make sense. The settings suggested in the manual are adequate. If you need a manual, one can be found at https://www.detecting.com/manuals/Tracker 4) REV 3 12.04.12 - Reader.pdf GL and HH.

The Bounty Hunter doesn't get a lot of love on here. I bought two, four years ago, introduction to the hobby at an introduction price for me and the wife. It was a good detector, I just never figured out how to tell the good stuff from the trashy stuff. Upgraded to the V540 this spring.

I have used BH machines off and on. I like them for their simplicity for the type of relic hunting that I enjoy. Youtube is your friend with this machine.

been using BH4 for 3 yrs now. it can detect larger relics 12" to 18" down. the trick is to
find out what tones are what. some tones have a "double beep" for trash.

First machine i had and still have it as a back up , have taken it with me to the Philippines twice now. Last time i took it i added a 4 inch coil not very expensive made for it. Lets you get in close to fences.

Back
Top Bottom