Is there a cheap detector that fits in a backpack?

Look at the Simplex and if anything, spend the extra money on a bigger backpack.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

I can easily strap my Simplex to the outside of my pack. Not a large pack. It would probably fit in a larger pack. Unless you need it inside a pack for some reason (concealment?) you should be able to lash it to the outside no problem.

I can easily strap my Simplex to the outside of my pack. Not a large pack. It would probably fit in a larger pack. Unless you need it inside a pack for some reason (concealment?) you should be able to lash it to the outside no problem.

Need to mountain bike for miles to some foundations.:yes:

Well I don't know if my ATPro is a cheaper detector but i'll give you a look at what I do. I separate the shafts and it is about 24 inches. I can fit it into a simple back to school back pack. The backpack orginally had a separate storage compartment in the bottom which I cut out the separator liner for more storage length. It fits fine! I figure most detectors can be broken down somehow. I do not remove the wires from the control box. It takes just 30 seconds to reassemble! No lie!. If I needed more room I could remove the coil from shaft but no need to do that. I do this all the time as I travel to wooded sites just like you but I use a dual sport TW200 motorcycle and love it!. I bought it just so I could reach sites that would take hours to get to! Also can park in areas cars cant access, but I mostly just drive deep into the woods with it. Best medal detector accessory ever!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2175[1].jpg
    IMG_2175[1].jpg
    115 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_2176[1].jpg
    IMG_2176[1].jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 278
Well I don't know if my ATPro is a cheaper detector but i'll give you a look at what I do. I separate the shafts and it is about 24 inches. I can fit it into a simple back to school back pack. The backpack orginally had a separate storage compartment in the bottom which I cut out the separator liner for more storage length. It fits fine! I figure most detectors can be broken down somehow. I do not remove the wires from the control box. It takes just 30 seconds to reassemble! No lie!. If I needed more room I could remove the coil from shaft but no need to do that. I do this all the time as I travel to wooded sites just like you but I use a dual sport TW200 motorcycle and love it!. I bought it just so I could reach sites that would take hours to get to! Also can park in areas cars cant access, but I mostly just drive deep into the woods with it. Best medal detector accessory ever!!!
Oh yeah, looks like I can do that! Thanks for the pictures đź‘Ť

If you don't mind tearing the detector down, the box my Simplex came in is 22" long. Not sure what the actual length of the detector would be taken apart. I'm not home at the moment to disassemble mine to check but I'd say it would certainly fit inside a medium size backpack...one that you could wear on a mountain bike without much issue.

The simplex compressed down to 24 inches. I have put it in my day pack with straps a few times. It stays just fine while in the back of my quad or dirt bike it can get rather bumpy in the Rocky Mountains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second what MDLand says. I have an AT Max, and I used a decent hiking backpack, fit in nicely, and was able to wedge a lunch and some extra supplies in there, too with no issues. Then hopped on my mountain bike and rode to my site. (The shovel was the hardest part).

I use a dual sport TW200 motorcycle and love it!. I bought it just so I could reach sites that would take hours to get to! Also can park in areas cars cant access, but I mostly just drive deep into the woods .with it. Best medal detector accessory ever!!!

Ha, I have 2 T-dubs! If you can walk there, the TW will get you there with all your accessories. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom