Chuck (the Stealth Designer and original mfg'er) update

Owl Engineering

Forum Supporter
Hello everyone,

My wife is Brazilian so we visit Brazil once a year. We departed in Mid Feb, brought masks just in case someone on the airplane was coughing. What a pain to wear.

This is my first LONG vacation. The detecting is poor here due to the high crime (people don't wear much jewelry except for thin 18k bands).

Our return flight is May 5th...... we have not decided but it is likely we will not return. $1000 each for a return trip at a later date.

I have been doing some designing on new products while here :cool3:

I am surprised how the Brazilians are getting with the program: everybody is wearing a mask in the stores and 30 percent while walking in public.

The police have now allowed people to walk the beach so I will head out soon to detect and hope not to be removed from the water.

The weather is great, the food is great and cheap and the virus cases are low here. Should we return to the latest hot spot? Detroit

Keep your heads down :lol:

Chuck

Last edited by a moderator:
Super relieved to see your making lemonade out of a bad situation Chuck.
There's a thread here discussing what happens when you remove forward thinking, constant innovation and "listening" to your customers.
You are missed! Be careful & stay healthy.

Super relieved to see your making lemonade out of a bad situation Chuck.
There's a thread here discussing what happens when you remove forward thinking, constant innovation and "listening" to your customers.

X-2

Oh hell no to going home now. $1000..... man they would have to keep me ... or I’d take up mugging.... you already have the mask :laughing: Well hope ya come up with some new mouse traps.

I have a Brazilian international student living with me. We have become close to his family and hope to visit in the future. We have talked about how I salivate seeing all the people on the beaches all the time. He assures me that detecting will suck because no one has money to buy the real stuff and they would never wear it due to crime anyway.

I would still have to try, though. Good Luck!!!

finding gold in Brasil

I have a Brazilian international student living with me. We have become close to his family and hope to visit in the future. We have talked about how I salivate seeing all the people on the beaches all the time. He assures me that detecting will suck because no one has money to buy the real stuff and they would never wear it due to crime anyway.

I would still have to try, though. Good Luck!!!

I have found maybe 20 gold rings. mostly light 18k but one was about 10 grams. they are here but harder to find than in the USA. I enjoy hunting just about any beach.

Chuck

I like my 720 that I won in the contest on this forum.

My pinpointing is fairly good and I don't need that extra weight (wet sand).

I think you will "get" the usefulness of my assist handle. Even with a full bucket of wet sand the scoop balances out at horizontal.

Attachments

• IMG_1618.JPG
    IMG_1618.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 545
I like my 720 that I won in the contest on this forum.

My pinpointing is fairly good and I don't need that extra weight (wet sand).

I think you will "get" the usefulness of my assist handle. Even with a full bucket of wet sand the scoop balances out at horizontal.
That is a great looking handle. Would have been nice if I had 1 of those years ago. I only do maybe 10% water now , mostly wet sand. Does that handle get in the way or obstruct your movement when scooping much ?

It allows me to dig one handed (left hand). I'm righthanded and swing the detector with my right hand.

I can dig vertical for about 4 scoops before the handle gets close. Than I can go at an angle to continue to dig. I can dig to the max depth of my detector at least.

I lift with my legs so It saves my back also. It's like picking up a suitcase when the bucket is full.

My student is from Sao Paulo, but has a beach house at Guaruja. The pictures are wonderful. More beach than a guy could get to in a lifetime.

Are you near Sao Paulo or Rio? That is where most of the crime is.

super relieved to see your making lemonade out of a bad situation chuck.

x3 :)

Chuck are you ok? Did you fly out on May 5th?
Brazil is NOT looking good!
Please be safe.
X2 It's definitely looking like corona-virus is going to hit them real hard. Those favelas have a tremendously high population density.

Return to the good old USA

X2 It's definitely looking like corona-virus is going to hit them real hard. Those favelas have a tremendously high population density.

90% we will be heading back the first week of June. We are afraid that Trump might stop all flights from Brasil....................

I have been designing some new products and will unveil after I get back.

Thanks,
Chuck

90% we will be heading back the first week of June. We are afraid that Trump might stop all flights from Brasil....................

I have been designing some new products and will unveil after I get back.

Thanks,
Chuck

I hope you and your wife make it back safely and on time. Looking forward to your new scoops. Please make them /oversee them yourself !

hope you got out in time-the orange man in the white house is talking banning all flights from Brazil- although I think that only applies to non us citizens

Back
Top Bottom