2006 totals for silver and gold...what a year!!

Danimal

I thought I would share with the other folks here my total finds in silver and gold (and a few choice other items)from my first 10 months spent in this great (and highly addictive) hobby. So before I post a few pics, here's a brief list of what I have dug with my ACE250. I post mostly on another forum, but have met some great folks here on Friendly.
over 135 silver coins including:
51 Mercs
46 Rosies
4 silver halfs
2 SLQs
1 1879 Morgan dollar
3 Barber dimes
1 1792 Irish half pennyover 300 wheaties
32 buffalo nickles
3 V nickles
over 30 rings...5 of them solid gold, one old silver ring w/11 diamonds
lots of cool old relics, including a Confederate horse buckle cover, civil war buttons and tons of bullets and musketballs
close to $300 in clad
very old bronze pendant that some speculate my be up to 3500 yrs old
and a LOT of other cool stuff that fills a bunch of display cabinets

Attachments

• 12-1yeartotals 002.jpg
    12-1yeartotals 002.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 959
  • 12-1yeartotals 004.jpg
    12-1yeartotals 004.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 12-1yeartotals 003.jpg
    12-1yeartotals 003.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 219
That looks like a pirate's treasure chest there! Nice going!

WOW!!!

That's a pretty amazing haul!

If I can ask, what sorts of locations did you find most of those items? Beaches? Parks? Schools? And how many hours a week would you say you put in?

Absolutely awsome! But I would like to ask the same questions that z118 asked, and are you a beach hunter?

I hunt mostly older parks and schools. I also like to hunt wooded areas bordering these same types of areas. Through research I have also located an old picnic area that is now overgrown woods that I really hauled it in on.
I have only hunted one small freshwater beach, but did get a few rings there. Very little private property so far (trying to get up the nerve to ask)...I'd say only a dozen silver from private property.
I'd say about 10-12 hrs a week. During the summer I hunted at lunch for about an hour...that helped after I found some old foundations in a wooded area near where I work.
For a few months I rode my mountainbike a lot so the totals could have been higher. Also, I pretty much quit hunting high-percentage clad areas, so my clad total could have been higher. (meaning the schools I hunted were pretty selective according to age..there's a LOT of schools I haven't touched)
Best advice...make friends with other THers that also do research and SHARE some good spots. You learn a lot from each other, and some awesome spots are opened up in return.
More good advice...dig targets that don't always sound great. Be less selective. Learn to dig nice plugs so that when you are scrutinized they find less to be argumentative about.

Back
Top Bottom