They're still out there -

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
in your pocket change, that is. My friend Ed at the Mission saved these from his pocket change this week as he knew I collected them. What a thoughtful thing to do.
So check your change. Even found a steel penny, a hard to find coin. The other penny is a 1936. steve in so az

416changefinds.jpg

Yep, they're still sneaking around. Very nice thing your friend did for you.

And I must say, your photography just keeps on getting better!

HH

Rich

Nice steelie and older wheat ear!

Just a reminder that a 1964 nickel is worth, well a nickel.

I haven't got a wheat ear back in change for quite a while, nickels are teasers as I have gotten them a year before and a year after the war nickel dates :p

I found a 1906 indian in a coin roll last week. That was pretty cool. Nice change finds!

I agree, they are still floating around some. I found a 1946 wheatie just laying on the cement in front of the coffee shop yesterday. I always pick up pennies that others leave and got that little suprise. : )

The wheaties are pretty cool. when i search boxes($25) we usally come up with 4 all the way up to 20 of them in a box. Speaking of finding wheats in circulation. My friend and I routinely go to the convienent store in town and the past 3 times he found a wheat in the give one take one penny tray. And one was a 1933D. However if you crack open a nickel roll you might just find 4-5 1964's. Very common year since they made them well into 1966. So lesson to learn is to let your friends know not to spend them. lol

There are a lot of roll hunters on a coin collecting forum I read that say they have been finding more interesting coins over the past year or so. Apparently the economy is causing people to turn in their jar of coins they've had forever and sometimes it is a really old jar of coins filled with silver and wheats. People can be pretty clueless about what they have and don't realize it is worth more than face value.

As others have mentioned, that nickel isn't anything special. Since nickels were never made of silver (except the war nickels), even going back to shield nickel days, you have to find a pretty old one for it to have value.

Apparently the economy is causing people to turn in their jar of coins they've had forever and sometimes it is a really old jar of coins filled with silver and wheats.

I have to agree with that. I find 1-3 wheaties in my pocket every week lately. I've been saving them since I was a kid and have thousands of them. Since the penny is going through changes again they should start gaining value. I also find lots of older nickels (pre 1950), but no war nickels yet.

I found a 1922 penny last year.........Those are kinda hard to come by. I have found several 43 pennies in my life, but that was back in the early 70's. Nice Steve!!

Yep.. steel pennies go almost as fast as the zincolns. Only the nickels from 42 to 45 had silver in them.... no extra value for 1964 nickels. HH RickO

I wonder if people are getting so desperate they are now "spending" the jars of change they've been saving.

I'm well aware of the silver/no silver in nickels - just thought the older coin in change was neat. Steve

Back
Top Bottom