yesterday's and today's silver

randy

Forum Supporter
Yesterday went to a site that gives up a silver about half the time, but it seems like pulling teeth to get it. The rosie was only 3.5 inches deep, but there was alot going on in the area -- foil, a pull tab, a copper penny, and deep iron. I would not have found it were I not playing with using a program with better separation on the V3. I did isolate the rosie first and dug the other targets just to see what was going on. With the normal program I use, it looked like one big mess that I usually write off as a canslaw.

Today managed to pull a silver religious pendant called a "Miraculous Medal". Apparently they have been making these since 1832. No telling how old this one is, but I'm guessing based on depth and location that it is 50s to 70s. There are alot of variants to the design -- I guess if I had time I could try to date it better. In sterling, these sell online for $30, I'd be happy to let it go for $15 :D

This was a little disturbing on the V -- it was about 5-6 inches deep, but I was pretty sure it was iron, and almost didn't dig it. The V was not giving too much in the conductive/silver zone, but green was dominant, so I often dig those (but often don't). I should think it shouldn't break up like that 'til 8-9 inches down. I'm sure I've missed some silvers because of this.

Anyway, silver 3 hunts in a row, which is probably a record for me.

Attachments

• 041610.jpg
    041610.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 261
Congrats on that nice silver. You know, once you dig an iffy signal and find something good you start to think of all those other ones that you DIDN'T dig and wonder if you passed up something nice. My motto for this year is DIG EVERYTHING and so far I haven't been disapointed. I found my first gold that sounded like junk and my nickel count is already better than all of last year. Good luck on those 'iffy' signals and the good ones too. : )

Back
Top Bottom