Pin Pointer

Warthog1

Picked up one of the Harbor Freight pin pointers today, and quite surprised...for $17 it works well. Went out to the local Tot Lot when I got home, and got to try it out a bit. I think I like it !!

Attachments

• tot lot.jpg
    tot lot.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 278
The little dog bone looking thing appears to be a fastener to hold a elastic bandage or elastic wrap around tight when you wrap it around your leg or arm or some part of your body . Looks like the pointer is working good for you I used one for about a year or two till I got my Garrett pro pointer and it worked ok for me also a lot better than none at all and the price is right . Congrats on a good hunt ...

Harold

The Hubby and I are going to the HB store tomorrow to get one for me too. He has his and I borrow it when I absolutely have to, but it will be nice to have my own since we aren't always near each other while detecting. Someday I'll have the pro-pointer, but finances dictate what I can get right now, so I'll be happy with the cen-tech. Congrats on the nice amount of coin. It will be paid for in no time if you keep that up. : )

I have one and you get what you paid for. I increased the depth of mine by alternating the sensitivity. I was able to pick up a coin about 0-2" with the Cen-tech. Good Luck.

Pin pointers are a great help.. the cheap ones do not last long, but if that is what you can get, it sure beats not having one. HH RickO

I use Sun Ray pinpointer almost exclusively, so I ordered a Sun Ray for my new E-Trac but it's on back order. With that in mind, I ran out and bought a HF pinpointer. I figure $16 for a pinpointer, for a couple of weeks use, is a pretty good idea - it's bound to last that long. One thing I discovered right off the bat and my best advice for anyone purchasing one:

Throw the battery away that came with it - it's only good for a couple of hours anyway.

Use a good Duracell or Energizer and you can really see a difference in the performance. I'm not saying it's great, but it's much, much better than it is when using the lame factory battery.

Back
Top Bottom