cut field

bibelot

Forum Supporter
DSC04654.jpg

DSC04657.jpg

DSC04663.jpgWas able to hunt a field that was finally cut,I had an idea there might have been something there from the ground contours, not a lot but happy with the barber dime.The ring doesn't look like anything, maybe a childs ring but always nice to find something you least expected.I dug a pewter spoon handles,a fishing reel that didn't survive the farming of the land.

Nice digs!

That ring looks good from here, opals.. Might want to take a second look at it..

<°)))>{

What’s the date on that wheat? Looks like a 1914D when I zoom. If so that’s a key date wheat.

What's the mint mark on the dime? Is there one? I'm hoping and praying it's a D mint mark

You are mixed with the date and different dimes. 1916 was the last year of the barber dime and the first year of the mercury dime, it is the 1916 D Mercury dime that is sought after.

Thank you for the kind responses.It isn't much but I haven't posted lately.

:cool:
Ah...of course you're correct.
I was on the same page as you were at first and was thinking why a barber when I dug it ? Normally it's a mercury dime at the 1916 date.I've dug close to a dozen 1916 mercs, never a D mint. A barber would have been a O or S mint but it was neither of them either.DSC04659.jpg

Back
Top Bottom