A couple bucket list items so far this week.

Noreaster

First night here there were 2 looters in the water and 1 in the dry. Thought for sure the beach would be picked clean.
Turns out I got a few bucket list items.

The next morning I pulled a Tiffany’s silver ring, first item I dug. Was pulling some of those old corroded coins as well. Thought I had a winner with that carbide one, boy was that disappointing.

Went out this am and targets were few and far between. Finally dug that silver feather ring. Cool design, not worth much. My daughter likes it.
Just about to leave and scored my first real ice. 14k 5g total weight. Not huge but it’s nice, and I finally got that monkey off my back. It’s a blue Nile, thinking the stone is 3/4 ct. Blue Nile likes to laser the cert number on the stone if I recall, I may get that checked. Or not.

Anyway I can call the week a success even if I find no more keepers!
762b89849034d217ede4aa09f364e80a.jpg

c572267ec8981dbb3d6f47f62a93ffae.jpg

ecf83f6bb73bc5132c840a7c51ca404c.jpg

b55cf3f6c009cc4e536b10bddef84aa4.jpg

70a2e3fa5d73ac15662f96c1e571dd76.jpg

522b0e7b9aadc05585403d8cb697c46a.jpg

Very nice haul !!
I would go back to where you found it and look for the band that went with it.
It should fit under the center stone.

Very nice haul !!

I would go back to where you found it and look for the band that went with it.

It should fit under the center stone.

Interesting, this seemed like an engagement ring and band that was soldered together. Both were marked 14k like they were two pieces originally. I never considered a separate band. Heading back to that spot later this evening and that will be on my mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After playing in the waves with the kids, a guy from next door comes over asking if I feel like hunting, he just lost his band.

Took about 15 min but just crossed another off the list. A recovery and return.

I’ll see if I can get a pic later.

After dismal hours at Salisbury beach (MA) finding nothing but occasional clad, I really needed this change of scenery.

Congrats on the great finds! Like you i'm not afraid to detect where others have before me. No one gets it all and most dont do a very good job of it either leaving that much more for us.

:dingding:Those are awesome bucket listers and silver Tiffany is as good as gold!

Congrats on the fantastic hunting! Like that gold+diamond combo. I found a set soldered together not quite as nice but both pieces were marked 14k like yours. Pretty cool find!

Any advice on cleaning that T&Co silver ring?

That pic is after it had a boiling water baking soda bath with tin foil. Ram a couple more times and it has stopped improving.

Is it ok to use a dremel polish wheel and some polishing compound on it or will that wreck it?

I have played with electrolysis, and that seems way too harsh.

Wow, lots of nice stuff, and congrats on the diamond. That's a nice ring..... ;)

Any advice on cleaning that T&Co silver ring?

That pic is after it had a boiling water baking soda bath with tin foil. Ram a couple more times and it has stopped improving.

Is it ok to use a dremel polish wheel and some polishing compound on it or will that wreck it?

I have played with electrolysis, and that seems way too harsh.

I would clean the grey tarnish off with extra fine steel wool, then polishing compound and buffing wheel or Dremel tool with buffing wheel...Be gentle around the hallmarks, don't want to wear those down. If you wanted to darken up the Hallmarks you could use Liver of Sulpher...

Back
Top Bottom