My tool holster

Novicehunter

One of my other hobbies is leather crafting, holsters mostly. I have been wanting to make a tool holder for just my simple park tools, and I finally got one built over the weekend. I'll give this one a few hunts to de-bug it, and re-design as necessary. I guess a collection pouch will have to be created after I see how this goes.

Attachments

• 20180611_112046.jpg
    20180611_112046.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 783
Nice job! I do some utilitarian leather work too. Leather for the tools works well. My advice is to skip the leather for the finds pouch. The Leather pouch I had got wet and heavy and mis-shapen pretty easily, especially early in the morning dew or muddy days. I switched to a store bought Cordura pouch for my finds, but still use custom leather for my tools. Just my opinion.

I make a lot of my own tools too. I made a simple sheath for my digger that is open on the bottom so the dirt falls through. It fits about any of my diggers and I am currently using it with my Hori-Hori knife. I use the holder that came with my Propointer. The only thing different is that I added a flap so that if it's muddy it doesn't get on my pants.
Open Sheath 2.jpg
Open Sheath.jpg
PPF.jpg

Hey, that's really nice work there.
Nothing ever beats custom made anything.
Those tools all look like they have the perfect fit.
Very cool.

One of my other hobbies is leather crafting, holsters mostly. I have been wanting to make a tool holder for just my simple park tools, and I finally got one built over the weekend. I'll give this one a few hunts to de-bug it, and re-design as necessary. I guess a collection pouch will have to be created after I see how this goes.

Very nice!!

Back
Top Bottom