Pro Find 35 user's opinion thread

Surf Master

Forum Supporter
Received my Pro Find 35, two times out one beach hunt, one land hunt , i like it so far, things are looking up for ML , # 1 Made in Ireland :clapping: # 2 ferrous tone ID , the one thing i don't like is the holster , when you put the pointer back into the holster hooked to your belt, it's top heavy, want's to flop over , basically they should have designed it to go further into the holster ,this is NO good :roll:, other than this complaint :thumbsup: Wanting to here other user's opinion on this pointer, PS NO SPONSORS :lol::nono:

I like mine but I also don’t care for the holster. The webbing isn’t wide enough to fit on my military style belt, and the pointer is too fat in the middle to fit in other holsters like the one for the carrot.

The ferrous tone ID works as advertised for the most part. I have noticed that sometimes it reads large flat iron as non-ferrous. It does a great job at separating non-ferrous from nails though.

I still prefer the carrot in areas that aren’t loaded with iron, but the Profind 35 is great for those spots that have a bunch of nails. I hunt a lot of spots like that so I don’t regret purchasing it.

If I could suggest a few improvements to Minelab they would be:

1) Larger on/off button that could actually be felt with the finger. I like being able to quickly find the button without having to look for it.

2) Redesigned body that is more tapered. Get rid of the lump in the middle. Makes it a pain to get in and out of the holster.

3) Improved holster with larger opening to fit wider belts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rattlehead

I can relate to everything you said, i guess i will have to put my 35 in my find's bag , and hunt, i like the Garrett Carrot , the best so far, agree as to the pro find 35 should be more user friendly ,and tapered were the hump is , Earl

I sent my first one back to ML because it would false continuously above sensitivity level 2, and i don't mean falsing in the hole, i mean it would constantly sound off holding it out in mid air. Once I got my replacement I soon discovered that's how it's made, and have to keep it on level 1 or 2. Also, there's so much iron in my soil the Iron ID is almost useless.

I concur that the holster sucks for the same reasons listed above, and the ergonomics could be better.

In other environments outside my hometown, everything works as it should, and I like it.

Back
Top Bottom