11 Gold coins and nuggets *updated* with clean up pics

TrashMasterCCS

Elite Member
About 1 week ago I found my first gold coin. It was an 1856s $5 half eagle. I jumped and yelled and mauled my buddy with hugs and mild shaking. I noticed some iron in the hole but kept moving looking for my next target. I turned around and went back over my hole about 3 minutes later. I got a nice tone. I dug it and it was a piece of can! Dang it! I flipped the can over and saw a taco filled with gold coins! Now I really went nuts! Almost missed the big prize! My buddy and I were losing daylight and headed home. When I opened the “taco” can I saw what looked like seeds in the can. I asked for better lighting and that’s when I saw it was nuggets stuck to the coins and all around them. My mind was completely blown. I didn’t sleep much that night. Spent most of it staring at the ceiling. We went back the next day I found another 2 $2.5 and 1 $5 coins. Flash forward again and tonight I bucketed and panned the soil around the can. Eureka again! Lots of little nuggets and flakes. Anyways, I will let the pics do the talking. There are 2 foreign golds in there too. A British Sovereign and French 20 Franc. You east coast guys can keep your coppers! And yes I only posted 2 coins to start. Here is the rest. Enjoy! And yes Im aware how lucky I am!
def9f1ebe5fc8287a97ec984d35f77d1.jpg
c131852d38409e5816687f6019e87afe.jpg
3a39067e33b72f8c992cd63c5cb588ed.jpg
6f83d9b7e9e1476d05c5773ea2ed12c6.jpg
374dbab0717b4f1339e0ae969655b3a6.jpg
34e521a20cb73253627e4381468148ce.jpg
4f1eb4e8eee430ed00851ee1484b92e8.jpg

LONG LIVE The Deus/Hand of God! Bwahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
34e2b9b23b24adba84b5877228f06f65.jpg
42c45537c4421dd6e7bd894c6147bd73.jpg
46d8a7d960f63eb4e990edea04952edd.jpg
eb50da88cf9980cfa50b1e7cc131a0ae.jpg

Last edited:
Speechless. I just ate a fish taco in Hawaii that I thought was pretty special. That's unbelievable. Awesome.

Holy sheet man; I’d need a few torpedos to calm my nerves if that would even help which I doubt. When we going out hunting together?? :lol:

Wow, wow, wow wow wow, major congrats on an amazing find!!!

I just had a heart attack looking at the pictures and I was not the one who found it. Congratulations definitely a once-in-a-lifetime.:pirates:

Insane finds, that's what we all dream of.
I guess this goes to show us all a lesson, if you find something incredible keep digging!

No words to describe that find. Congrats to you! Is there any way to tell exactly what that thing was that the coins were in? Also, would you mind listing out the individual dates of the coins, and any mint marks? I can almost see them in the pics but can't zoom in. Thx.

freakin' amazing. A purse ! (or "cache" or whatever one wants to call it). And for the crowning glory, you go back to the site and find a few straggler gold coins separately. Sheesk. This is the hole in one / Holy Grail of all md'ing. Other md'rs will now call you "sir". And you can autograph other's detectors.

Looking back at your post history, I see you are from CA. This confirms our suspicions that they were found out west . (Who needs those pesky LC's, colonial coppers, and busts from back east anyhow ? :laughing: )

As for the nuggets in with the coins: Have you watched Ron (Rocklin CA) videos ? ("California Relic Adventures" @ youtube). He had a find, before he started making live video captures, from about 15+ yrs. ago, in the Folsom/Auburn, CA area: So although it's not on a video, I'm sure you can find a post or pix of it: He got a signal at the base of a rock/boulder outcropping. He found about a dozen coins, that had apparently , at one time, been a leather or cloth purse (there was a metal clasp of the purse left, if I recall). They were all gold rush era seateds, and a single gold coin (a $5, if I recall). And, like your story, he noticed what appeared to be gold nuggets. He collected all the dirt, and went through the tailing with a nugget detector. And got a bunch of nuggets to go with the coins. A miner who had his purse of both nuggets and coins.

I'm ~3+ hrs. from the Sierra foothills. So I don't get over that way very often for relic hunting. But whenever I have (Snelling to Mariposa corridor) it's always been TOUGH work. There is indescribable amounts of iron and slag around all the gold rush tent-city and stage stop and cellar holes type spots. And coins are very difficult to pull. Much less gold coins. And MUCH LESS GOLD COIN CACHES. Big hats off to you !

That is an amazing find. I usually try to down play amazing finds and be a smart a&& but this deserves total respect. Me next!!!

Hey! My Wife has that exact same set of little porcelain sculptures!

:shemademe: What are the odds of that? Incredible! :lol:

Really though, what can a guy say? Thats such a dream find...no words seem adequate to congratulate you ..Nice write up and pics about the experience, so a big thank you for sharing this with us!

O...M...G...!!! That's definitely a find of a lifetime! Congrats on the amazing find! Good thing you went back to that spot to recheck.

O LEE CHIT

That's simply amazing, congrats, by the way your wrecked now, might as well give the hobby up, can't imagine you'll ever top that find!

Back
Top Bottom