What is this?

relichunter4206

Forum Supporter
In my last post, titled “Bullets in Backyard,” I found several bullets and a piece of a bullet casing in my backyard. Now, I detected again and I found this. Does anyone have an idea what it is?

Attachments

• 14532482-397E-4D87-88FB-7CD7FE522B50.jpg
    14532482-397E-4D87-88FB-7CD7FE522B50.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 518
Is the top threaded??? Almost looks like some sort of concrete anchor but thats just a wild guess.

Dont know the size in diameter but it looks to be the end of a rifle cleaning rod.

Not a cleaning rod if 1.75 inch diameter.

Looks like the very top piece has a thread into the next part.
So this looks like it could be part of a jack stand. The piece is threaded for height adjustment.

Almost looks like a cutting torch tip.

That reminder me that it looks like something I have seen but can not remember exactly what.
It would fit inside another piece and the three tapered section mated with an inside tape.

3.5 inches long and 1.75 diameter seem too big for a cutting touch.
BUT these dimensions can not be correct since in the picture the length is 5 times the diameter. So if Truly 3.5 inch long then diameter is 0.7 inch (this size is good for a cutting torch and now fits what I remember about cutting tips).
However, if Truly 1.75 inch diameter then length is 8.75 inches.

relichunter4206,

Please add a rule to pictures so we can tell how big it is. Or another item that we all know to tell size. Then we don't need to ask and may have a much better idea of what it may be.

I think I’ve come to a conclusion. I took it to work and showed my boss, and he said it appears to have been part of an old welding/soldering gas torch.

Back
Top Bottom