• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New Garrett propointer..

I always wonder exactly how they can tell how deep it's been? Do they have a stealth depth meter Garrett constantly monitors? That'd take one huge overseas sweatshop :shock:

Not sure how you got any of that out of my post? I simply asked how they'd know at what depth a PP was in the event of a failure.

Just from your former post on the propointer- that you would never own another Garrett pinpointer. I'm sure there was testing as the +,-, temps changed also. I thought I detected a hint of sarcasm, as Garrett is known for quality. Sorry if I over reacted.

Interesting. I wonder if anything has been changed to make it waterproof to a greater depth, or did they just update the advertised rating?

Just from your former post on the propointer- that you would never own another Garrett pinpointer. I'm sure there was testing as the +,-, temps changed also. I thought I detected a hint of sarcasm, as Garrett is known for quality. Sorry if I over reacted.

While the 1st is true, but my opinion is simply based on my experience in owning/using them.

And back to my question, I don't see how temps could play a factor in depth, as water temps aren't consistent. Doesn't really matter though, they can't determine how deep a PP was taken.

My only sarcasm was wondering how they could attempt to monitor the depth issue, that was all. I didn't take it as over reacting, and no apology needed, but thanks. I was/am truly curious as to how the warranty of water depth would apply here, or to any other water "proof" detecting equipment (not that this is the thread for that discussion).

While the 1st is true, but my opinion is simply based on my experience in owning/using them.

And back to my question, I don't see how temps could play a factor in depth, as water temps aren't consistent. Doesn't really matter though, they can't determine how deep a PP was taken.

My only sarcasm was wondering how they could attempt to monitor the depth issue, that was all. I didn't take it as over reacting, and no apology needed, but thanks. I was/am truly curious as to how the warranty of water depth would apply here, or to any other water "proof" detecting equipment (not that this is the thread for that discussion).

I guess their diver Mark-forgot last name- is no longer there. Couldn't find his name on staff. Two companies had to change depth ratings-Fisher, for one. Perhaps word spread and spurred careful testing. At 71, if it lasts the 2 year warranty period I should be OK.:lol: My reason for one has an ulterior motive- detectors are frowned upon at my lakes since a government agency got greedy and you can hide a propointer. I'll be off the beach area but along the water's edge- swimming!:D

I guess their diver Mark-forgot last name- is no longer there. Couldn't find his name on staff. Two companies had to change depth ratings-Fisher, for one. Perhaps word spread and spurred careful testing. At 71, if it lasts the 2 year warranty period I should be OK.:lol: My reason for one has an ulterior motive- detectors are frowned upon at my lakes since a government agency got greedy and you can hide a propointer. I'll be off the beach area but along the water's edge- swimming!:D

There's a prison wallet joke there somewhere :laughing::laughing:

Something else I wondered, if you lost it underwater, and using the "lost" feature, with the headphones on, wouldn't you constantly be thinking you've found it? :p

There's a prison wallet joke there somewhere :laughing::laughing:

Something else I wondered, if you lost it underwater, and using the "lost" feature, with the headphones on, wouldn't you constantly be thinking you've found it? :p
Ha! I guess if you didn't use the lanyard, you deserve to pay. It started out we could hunt as long as we told them. Then, you had to sign an agreement to return valuables to THEM! Finally, you were restricted to certain areas. Bunch of hypocrisy. Guess what restrictions apply to the people who trash the place? And all I'll be doing is feeling the sandy bottom with hand. It's sorta like the day I got tired of waiting on Tesoro- I just don't care any more.:mad:

My reason for one has an ulterior motive- detectors are frowned upon at my lakes since a government agency got greedy and you can hide a propointer. I'll be off the beach area but along the water's edge- swimming!:D

You might want to check out the scubatector made by Deteknix (Or Quest as I think they’re now known), like a pinpointer but with a small coil on the end, I’ve used it a number of times snorkeling / swimming / floating along the shoreline and like it a lot. Also, once in the water and floating along other people don’t realize what you’re doing even if you’re beside them 😃😃

You might want to check out the scubatector made by Deteknix (Or Quest as I think they’re now known), like a pinpointer but with a small coil on the end, I’ve used it a number of times snorkeling / swimming / floating along the shoreline and like it a lot. Also, once in the water and floating along other people don’t realize what you’re doing even if you’re beside them 😃😃
I thought of thst- but how could you hide it walking down to the water's edge?:?:

OK. This one's got me interested. CSI A T propointer! Submersible to 20 feet instead of 10. Compatible with Z-link technology! If anyone gets one before I save up let me know. Think I'm all in with this one!;)https://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_pro-pointer_at_main_z-lynk_en.aspx

I'd never take it more than 10, but the z-lynk is interesting. I currently have mine taped to "dull" the noise a bit. Would much prefer it to go through the headphones. Kinda cool. :)

Back
Top Bottom