Calabash back after the gold today with Deus 2 on beach

I hunted a couple times in Florida. Talk about pounded beaches. You could go hours without a blip. I found a silver necklace and a silver ring. Spoke to another equinox user that had been in the water for 8 hours and he had nothing. He told me the locals come out every night when the crowds leave. I'm assuming it's that way on the beach where Calabash is at?

I'm sure the deus is a fine detector and i'm pretty sure that beach beginner guy makes money from youtube,but i wouldn't sell my current detector for that

Lol

A land, relic , hunter that should stick to what he has done all these, year's , it appears he walked.the plank with Deus 2 , in Salt water territory , it's a complete different territory, TNSS , you would be a good tester , however your not close enough to the beach , may I suggest, let the machine prove itself over time , less hype posts & you tube videos on the water forum-- except live beach - salt water & you tube, see if the Deus 2 has bugs in a salt environment, it either pans out , or doesn't, my impression is from that statement from Deus to Calabash, he's now on a sinking ship , and now its now -considered a tad fragile in water hunting salt invironment , However I do think Deus made a positive decision, happy hunting .

You don’t know that. How could you?

Actually and I posted this just while ago over on Dankowski forum.

Fact.
Notice yesterday Calabash biggest nonferrous find was what?
The thing hooked to the chain.
Why?
Why was that find still there?
Calabash has seen lot of Eqx users there. One older man lives in the hotel and gives this particular beach hell everyday weather permitting.

So this chain with nonferrous attachment.
Could the chain have masked the attachment ?
And Deus 2 for whatever reason seen the attachment and reported?
We don’t know true orientation chain and attached devise was buried.

I have talked with Calabash just few minutes ago.
I suggested he take than chain and attatchment and do more test varying orientation comparing deus 2 and the EQX 800.

Remember a person could wear a gold ring on a junk chain.
A person could wear a gold ring on a gold chain.

We’ll see.
And we all might learn some thing.

And when talking to Calabash, notice deus 2 has half setting for reactivity Deus 1 never had.
Calabash this morning may have found out why. At least when using Deus 2 in at least one detecting venue.
You may see video where he shows this soon.

TN... that chain was not hard to find... any pendant or in the case of that particular chain with bar on it would have been found...

And why it wasn't found by others... a coil didn't go over it if its as active as you say...

The only chains that detectors have trouble finding are gold without a pendant or some other thing on it... silver chains, plated chains and so on will be found by detectors on the market today...

We don't even know what the make up of that chain was because he didn't say or show us...

A few years ago found a thin gold chain about 6 inches down you know why? because it had a small crucifix on it... take off the crucifix I had to rub the chain against my coil on my GT for it to make a peep....

Chains with attachments or pendants are not hard for a detector to see.

It is a person’s choice to enter this thread.
Common sense tells me, if one is not interested in this thread, and or doesn’t place any value in the data supplied. There are other threads on this forum to go read.

Only reason I'm here is,... "the Drama".. this place is almost as good as when I had lunch with the local Garden club a few years ago.. All it takes is one women to say her Roses should have won the Fragrance Award...:sissyfight:

Note for Earl, Great place to meet women..

Only reason I'm here is,... "the Drama".. this place is almost as good as when I had lunch with the local Garden club a few years ago.. All it takes is one women to say her Roses should have won the Fragrance Award...:sissyfight:

:laughing:

TN... that chain was not hard to find... any pendant or in the case of that particular chain with bar on it would have been found...

And why it wasn't found by others... a coil didn't go over it if its as active as you say...

The only chains that detectors have trouble finding are gold without a pendant or some other thing on it... silver chains, plated chains and so on will be found by detectors on the market today...

We don't even know what the make up of that chain was because he didn't say or show us...

A few years ago found a thin gold chain about 6 inches down you know why? because it had a small crucifix on it... take off the crucifix I had to rub the chain against my coil on my GT for it to make a peep....

Chains with attachments or pendants are not hard for a detector to see.
I can tell you what that chain and half that other stuff is made of : junk. Yup , lots of junk jewelry. No different than what the majority of us here find on the daily. Just about any machine will find that stuff. Why is it still there ? Beach hasn't been hunted in awhile. Its been washed out from a storm. Or often in my case out here : many guys here hunt in discriminate. Leaving all the junk jewelry behind. Going for the gold as CB & TNNS so happily talk about. How often do I find gold chains ? Rarely. Honestly I probably find more eyeball gold chains on a storm cut/washout than with my detector.

These threads remind you of back in your younger days when someone was bragging about size. Then their girlfriend started laughing.

These threads remind you of back in your younger days when someone was bragging about size. Then their girlfriend started laughing.
Yeah. When I went to the John I would blurt out - -- This water is cold......and deep too !!!🤣

We don't make members stand in the corner like a grade school if you ask too many questions :lol:

I am not defending the video maker or TNSS for posting them here. I hate hype, hyperbole and anything that is not just the facts.

However, XP figuring out a way to create a multi frequency beach mode that has a high frequency of around 40 kHz....that is pretty amazing. Plus, John's next video shows him running Beach Sensitive (high of 40 kHz) maxed out with little or no audible EMI interference OR salt instability in mild salinity wet salt sand. For anyone who likes to hunt for micro jewelry on milder East coast beaches......that mode is something else. Equinox Beach 1's top frequency is around 20 kHz, Beach 2 is much lower. A couple of John's finds in this latest video would be tough for the Equinox unless they were within 2" of the surface.

I am not defending the video maker or TNSS for posting them here. I hate hype, hyperbole and anything that is not just the facts.

However, XP figuring out a way to create a multi frequency beach mode that has a high frequency of around 40 kHz....that is pretty amazing. Plus, John's next video shows him running Beach Sensitive (high of 40 kHz) maxed out with little or no audible EMI interference OR salt instability in mild salinity wet salt sand. For anyone who likes to hunt for micro jewelry on milder East coast beaches......that mode is something else. Equinox Beach 1's top frequency is around 20 kHz, Beach 2 is much lower. A couple of John's finds in this latest video would be tough for the Equinox unless they were within 2" of the surface.

It' s hard for a relic hunter to understand if you dig earring backs made of gold. A lot of us find them all the time with various detectors. It's just not exciting getting a 10k earring back worth .75 cents when you can hit the dry sand and come home with about $20 in quarters in beach season.

It' s hard for a relic hunter to understand if you dig earring backs made of gold. A lot of us find them all the time with various detectors. It's just not exciting getting a 10k earring back worth .75 cents when you can hit the dry sand and come home with about $20 in quarters in beach season.

I totally get where you are coming from. I am a gold prospector, relic hunter, turf coin and jewelry hunter and occasional beach hunter. I really have to think hard before I drive 1000 round trip miles for a gold prospecting trip, spend $300 on gas and come home with $20 or less in tiny gold nuggets. Sometimes I will hit a big one but.........I would rather walk to a local park, find $5 in clad and maybe also a nice silver or gold ring.

I would have to be pretty desperate for gold to just concentrate on micro gold jewelry at a beach. However, that Beach Sensitive program will hit all sizes of gold jewelry, silver jewelry, bling and clad since it has multiple frequencies with one at 40 kHz and at least one more that has to be below 20 kHz.

I totally get where you are coming from. I am a gold prospector, relic hunter, turf coin and jewelry hunter and occasional beach hunter. I really have to think hard before I drive 1000 round trip miles for a gold prospecting trip, spend $300 on gas and come home with $20 or less in tiny gold nuggets. Sometimes I will hit a big one but.........I would rather walk to a local park, find $5 in clad and maybe also a nice silver or gold ring.

I would have to be pretty desperate for gold to just concentrate on micro gold jewelry at a beach. However, that Beach Sensitive program will hit all sizes of gold jewelry, silver jewelry, bling and clad since it has multiple frequencies with one at 40 kHz and at least one more that has to be below 20 kHz.

I know you understand. Not sure a newby does though? I found a couple micro long gold chains. I melt almost all my gold. One chain was 8 bucks and the other was 10 bucks. Still not better than a dry sand hunt for change where i live. The exciting thing is when you pull a big chain out of the ground and hoping it keeps coming out the ground. I have found two 24k chains. Just one paid for my CTX.

Attachments

• 24k.jpg
    24k.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 127
Obn

Well tell those woman in the garden club , im taking application's , the 1st to come down , plant my spring garden , eat a ghost pepper , take me out to dinner , and can survive anything goes in the bedroom , gets a free beach pass this summer :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Speaking of chains have you guys seen that handsome stud that just won a new apex on the Garrett website and facebook, yep its the Lama

Well tell those woman in the garden club , im taking application's , the 1st to come down , plant my spring garden , eat a ghost pepper , take me out to dinner , and can survive anything goes in the bedroom , gets a free beach pass this summer :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

You know Earl, many years ago, when I was dating my wife to be, I was in the garage working on my car and I asked her to fetch me a screwdriver. She proceeded to ask me "Philips, slotted, or vodka?" Right then I knew she was the one for me.

You are correct, he favored the Deus first, then told people that the Equinox was the machine except in heavy iron, and now he is letting everyone know that the Deus 2 is going to be a major factor in all arenas moving forward. I just can't understand why people are so against this new machine. The new tech gives you an advantage that these other machines are lacking in. All Calabash is doing is showing what it is capable of but some on here are so stuck in the old tech and their supposed pimped out excals that they are blinded by it and refuse to believe that any machine would rival theirs. I get it though you are use to something and don't want to give it up for the unknown. I refused to use the equinox for relic hunting initially because I was so hung up on the deus. Eventually though I saw the performance of it and it became my go to machine. We all have been fleeced by metal detecting companies with false promises and I understand the wait and see attitude. When you get fooled so many times you can be afraid to take that leap. This machine though is going to be special. It will be just a matter of time before all of us will know and then those that have been so reluctant can make their decisions on whether its the machine for them or not. I do believe that unlike the past detectors from other companies this one just might deliver. Sit back and enjoy what you are seeing and hope that XP does deliver because its a win for every detectorist out there if they have done what so many have wanted for a long time. Happy hunting !!!

Calabash seems to give honest appraisals. He did with the Equinox and he did with the Deus.
I like his excitement when he digs. Sounds like my friends.

Calabash put the Equinox ahead of the Deus as the overall best machine when it came out. Now he's doing the same with the D2 over the Equinox. I know some people tend to be brand or machine loyal. I personally prefer anything that gives me an edge in beat to death hunted sites. I prefer the Equinox 99% of the time but the Deus 1 does pull stuff out of iron the Nox doesn't hear.

My D2 is on order. Hope it's as good as billed.

Back
Top Bottom