First Barber Quarter!!! Yes!!

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
1911. I rinsed it off with water. Can anyone tell me if it is a key date or rare in any way? I really want to polish it up. Haha. Unless it has any more value than junk silver content. Any advice is appreciated! (sorry for the annoying shadows in the picture)

Pictures I forgot to upload on original post.

Attachments

• 20170922_184702_resized.jpg
    20170922_184702_resized.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 444
  • 20170922_184715_resized.jpg
    20170922_184715_resized.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 423
What's the mint mark on it? Should be on the reverse, just above and between the R and D by the tail feathers of the eagle. Great coin BTW! On my list for sure!

What's the mint mark on it? Should be on the reverse, just above and between the R and D by the tail feathers of the eagle. Great coin BTW! On my list for sure!

Let me get my magnifying glass and see if I can make the mint mark out. Are some mint marks in this year rare?

I'm confident that I can see a D

Sweet! I'm not an expert, so I won't advise you to clean it or not. You probably have a $10 - $30 coin if it's a D (collector purchase price).

Me personally? I wouldn't sell my first Barber quarter anyway, so I'd clean it. But that's just me because I'd probably display it somewhere.

Sweet! I'm not an expert, so I won't advise you to clean it or not. You probably have a $10 - $30 coin if it's a D (collector purchase price).

Me personally? I wouldn't sell my first Barber quarter anyway, so I'd clean it. But that's just me because I'd probably display it somewhere.

This is how I feel about it too. I'm gonna shine that sucker up later tonight. :p

Little chewed up on the back, but I love it!! Once I cleaned it, I found out is was an S mint mark.

Attachments

• 20170922_230708_resized.jpg
    20170922_230708_resized.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 369
  • 20170922_230716_resized.jpg
    20170922_230716_resized.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 377
Thanks to all. I was so excited to find it! I just rubbed it real good with a baking soda and water paste. Wouldn't have did it that way if it was worth more than a few bucks. I personally like them shined up so I can admire them. I have appreciated not having all the coin collectors point out that I "ruined" it. Haha. It was sooo fun to dig up. :cool:

Congrats on your first Barber Quarter! Display it proudly!

I've only found one so far. It was a memorable find for me because my girlfriend was with me when I found it. It was only my second silver coin ever found, my first 90% silver coin and my first (and only...so far) silver quarter. I bought a coin bezel and a nice sterling chain and turned it into a pendant for my girlfriend.

Back
Top Bottom