Id help and my sad day at the beach

dirtydog

Forum Supporter
I went out on Monday and drove to a lot of beaches only to find a few with hard packed sand. Tuesday I hit it 4 hours before low tide hoping to cash in on my Monday's find. Well This is the sad showing for getting beat up by the waves for 7 hours on three beaches. If you can help me with a ID of the heart looking object. After I cleaned it a little I found it opens from the back. Notice where it was broken off something on the back top. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 20170920_180804 copy.jpg
    20170920_180804 copy.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 313
  • 20170920_180825 copy.jpg
    20170920_180825 copy.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 301
  • 20170921_114346 copy.jpg
    20170921_114346 copy.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 280
  • 20170921_114418 copy.jpg
    20170921_114418 copy.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 287
  • 20170921_114435 copy.jpg
    20170921_114435 copy.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 282
That looks like a locket to keep a picture in.

Yup def. a locket for a favorite pic of your significant other or perhaps your insignificant other who knows any more. Cool find though.. Congrats

That looks like a locket to keep a picture in.

I'm not sure about the locket for a picture Felix. It broke of something notice just above the hinge. Thanks for the come back.

Yup def. a locket for a favorite pic of your significant other or perhaps your insignificant other who knows any more. Cool find though.. Congrats

Thanks I thought it was cool. But if it is a picture locket it is a heavy one.

Hey you got a kastmaster! Love finding those for some twisted reason :laughing:

Thanks GS. But what is a Kastmaster? I googled kastmaster and I see you were talking about the fishing lure. I was wandering what the heart shaped thing is.

Maybe it's one of those lockets that holds part of someones remains... ashes??

dang, it sucks to get skunked on the precious metals but at least you found an item that is an interesting conversation starter. Maybe it's an old snuff box? Probably more inclinded to believe it is just a picture locket. My aunt had one that was awkward and bulky.

Maybe it's one of those lockets that holds part of someones remains... ashes??

Don't think so Kap. But a good guess. Notice the small hole in the center of the front. I think the ashes would come out. Plus the back has no seal or place for one.

dang, it sucks to get skunked on the precious metals but at least you found an item that is an interesting conversation starter. Maybe it's an old snuff box? Probably more inclinded to believe it is just a picture locket. My aunt had one that was awkward and bulky.

I like the snuff box idea.:lol: Maybe a snuff crack box with the small hole in the front, you wouldn't need a straw or rolled up paper. I'm getting dizzy thinking about it.:laughing:

Could be Steve but nothing was inside but hard packed sand.

Some of them you put a loved ones or deceased loved ones hair clipping in them.

Now that a thought. My family will never need one for me. I don't have enough hair to put in one.:laughing: Thanks Larry.

Back
Top Bottom