• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A secret tip that can help you find more silver coins!

LOL, I ask a simple question regarding your blanket statement, and that's your reply? When did everyone around here get so thin-skinned? Generally when someone makes a similar claim, they have something to back it up, that was all I'd asked for. That's OK, never mind, you just answered it.

Keyword in first post

Past hunts...yw

Keyword in first post

Past hunts...yw

:laughing:

Yet you chose to ignore the part I questioned

Okay, here's the scoop... most towns have a metal detecting club, or a dealer shop that hold annual seeded metal detecting hunts, some even multiple hunts per year.

Funny, much of the reason I'm here, like many others, it to pick-up some MD knowledge, regardless of what aspect of the hobby it is.

All you've shown is not to question your logic. Got it, lesson learned.

To everyone else, especially newcomers to the hobby, NEVER be afraid to ask questions, when you get replies like those given here, just keep in mind where they came from, and remember that for future reference.

yw

:laughing:

Yet you chose to ignore the part I questioned

Funny, much of the reason I'm here, like many others, it to pick-up some MD knowledge, regardless of what aspect of the hobby it is.

All you've shown is not to question your logic. Got it, lesson learned.

To everyone else, especially newcomers to the hobby, NEVER be afraid to ask questions, when you get replies like those given here, just keep in mind where they came from, and remember that for future reference.

yw

You're the ONLY person that has an issue with me trying to help people, !!! is your problem?

You made my block list,:cool:

you're looking for a fight and I don't have time for idiots...I gave all info in my first post, you don't want to do it, don't BYE.

That's a good idea Nectar,and no...I don't need you to tell me exactly where to go. It's kinda like a guy I used to work with (thank GOD I don't anymore,I would've killed him by now)...this old couple who were customers came into the shop every Xmas to give us gifts in appreciation of us taking good care of their cars. The last Xmas I was there they had some local craft beer and handed it to this bumbling fool, and said "Hey thanks for all you do!" This idiot co-worker of mine says "no thanks, I don't like that kind of beer". :lol: Im not bagging anyone here, trust me. It's just kind of a courtesy to at least say something like "Hey,that's a good idea if there were hunts in your area". That's all. Guys who are constantly thinking of how to improve their odds are ALWAYS the ones who do well in the end, because they are THAT into the hobby and are willing to hang it out there, whether it pays off or not.
I and I'm sure many others appreciate your input on this and other subjects...

Appreciate that, I can't help it if a guy lacks comprehension skills and didn't read my first post where he missed a key word that negated all his questions afterwards. I just blocked him, he doesn't want to receive the tip within, so be it.

Glad the rest comprehended the tip, appreciated the lead, and understand their work to get to the goods, I pointed ya in a direction as a favor, even said in my post "no guarantees" LOL

I plan to do my own tip and will post some of the finds this fall...

You're the ONLY person that has an issue with me trying to help people, !!! is your problem?

You made my block list,:cool:

you're looking for a fight and I don't have time for idiots...I gave all info in my first post, you don't want to do it, don't BYE.

I don't have any problem, I simply asked about your theory....but nice try trying to turn it around. I was looking for nothing but an answer, still haven't got one. I'm not surprised.....but I'm the "idiot" :lol:

I'll gladly reciprocate on the Ignore List :cool:

The club I belong to hold some hunts on a piece of private property that is only available during the hunt. Also hold some hunts in a city park but no silver coins are hidden. Tokens are used so no silver is lost.

A couple of weeks after I got my first detector, a horrible Pioneer EX that had many issues, I still was able to find my very first silver coin which was a merc in exactly this way.
In a state park that had a little lake and small beach is where the local club holds their annual end of the year seeded hunt festivities and have for years...usually in September.
In February 2010 I was hunting in the sand and came up with that merc which was only a couple inches deep.
It had to be put there by the club and everyone missed it...but I didn't.

Not quite as satisfying as finding a silver coin in the wild in the dirt which I did later on in the year but close.
I still got my first silver so I was very happy.

In the Tulsa Area both clubs use the Creek County Fairgrounds. Some members will hit it after the event where they seed silver dimes and halves.

It is a real strategy.

I was under the impression that nobody would be crazy enough to seed a hunt with silver and then not make sure it was all recovered before leaving it , but I guess its possible and worth a try.

Awesome, glad you guys found the post useful!

I also found it useful. Many elitist md clubs here in CT. Most are snobs from the NYC Weekend warriors. Ultra rich A$#hats driving Beemers , L'rovers and Mercedes to the hunts. I have found lots of stuff left behind....Money don't buy experience. I don't follow this crowd anymore for left overs. I find places away from these type of people.... I will say though, I honed a lot of skills finding the stuff they missed... Good Post.

This used to be standard practice at our hunts and many stayed over for it. The only drawback was that when a member invited others to one of their hotspots, they figured they could also go behind his back without invitation!:(

Confirmation that this strategy works....
This fall a club member found a walking liberty half during the main hunt. The half was from the spring hunt and was out there for the picking.

Back
Top Bottom