• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Post Hurricane finds

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
We evacuated and had to return to work, but I squeezed in 5-hours of hunting at a beach that had already been hit hard by locals. While hunting I watched 3 more MDs arrive and start hunting in my area. Thankfully, i wasn't skunked!

1-10k gold band, a .925 necklace and a gold plated .925 crucifix. Found two other junk rings and lots of lead.

BTW... a few weeks ago I found and returned a young ladies purse/cash/phone. As luck would have it, while we were evacuating my wife left her purse and $,$$$ in a public restroom. Hard to believe but a good Samaritan turned it in. They didnt leave their name/number so we couldn't say thanks. Anyhow, karma returned. =)

H/H everyone!
087118d40f2d25a78eea2268c4866295.jpg
ae928d99b84e245a169456919151e48e.jpg
5fac7ff234220ebb1e63cb7283dca8c8.jpg
25553022226438ac3923ea12aea951e4.jpg
a654f10ba241ccae714f8f70b782dc1f.jpg
e4369c080fbeb35b4ca8e067688091e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looks like 5 hours of a good time. You did well considering the competition you had. W2G!!
*That black ring in the middle of your finds pic. goes in the ear, not on the finger.
DL

Always great when the karma gets returned. Or as my wife's calls it bachi which is Japanese for 'what goes around comes around'.

Very nice finds. Prayers are with FL... Im hearing mixed reports on sand movement down there, looks like you possibly lost some?

Very nice finds. Prayers are with FL... Im hearing mixed reports on sand movement down there, looks like you possibly lost some?

Many of the northeast beaches didn't get enough winds to blow away the garbage cans. The wave action was enough to move the sand around but you had to diligently search and really travel to find erosion. Of the few eroded spot that I found, many were naturally replenished by the ocean within a week.

The flooding shown in media is mostly inland flooding. Rivers, control ponds, and low lying areas that couldn't hold any more water and then overflowed.

Anyhow, that's my take on the beaches from Georgia down to Melbourne. Maybe the keys and west coast are different?

Nice save on the 10k and the chain!! And Amazing the return of the wife's purse!!

I think it's awesome that you returned the purse and got your wife's returned too! Fantastic! Nice gold too! Lots of sand here. Had to travel a ways to find erosion and that too is now filled back in. Maybe this next round of big waves will move something :)

:dingding: Nice to see you getting and doing some scoring!

Back
Top Bottom