Anyone running the CTX Coiltek 14"x9" yet?

Yes Earl I have this coil and have used it several times. It does weigh as much as the 17" coil but still seems easier to swing, at least it does to me.
Seems to run very stable and I have found that is gets a bit more depth than the stock coil and still IDs just as good at the increased depth.

Choppa

I herd its heavier than the 17, depth wise how does it compare to the 17 inch coil , and have you used it at the beach , or just on land ?

It's all Larry's fault

He said he was getting one, and should have tested it by now , the avid hunter he is :detector::detector::detector::detector::lol::lol::lol: HOWBOUTIT

Last edited:
DD

Very few have it, a 400 dollar coil , is in ?, most likely would be better in the surf , but most likely not as deep as the 17, Dirty Dog pull the trigger if you have the cash, because i dont think we will get to much of a responce, Itsaring was suposed to get one, i was waiting on him, Choppa has one, he was suposed to take it on a beach hunt, and was purchasing another 17 coil for comparison but havnt herd squat from him, thats the dead end story to this thread, WHO KNOWS :lol:

Earl,
Did get out with the Coiltek on the beach and it seems to have done well. I split my beach time between the CTX3030 and the Nokta Impact. I was unable to get a 17" coil to compare to the Coiltek but had a good time nonetheless.
Coil ran very stable in both the dry and wet sand and had very good depth.
I love the way the CTX identifies bottle caps, there is no mistaken them for a good target like when land hunting. I have taken to switching over to the beach mode when coinhunting the park just to identify bottle caps.
Must say the coil is a little on the heavy side but that was not an issue for me.
Wish I could have done a more in depth review but just spent some time on the beach with my son doing something we love.

Thanks Choppa

Well we all know it's better than the stock 11 coil, but most likely not better than the 17, that's why people have not pulled the trigger, also on depth, i would most likely run the 17 , even if i got the 14x9 at the beach as hunting with the PI, more depth is best effective for deep laden Gold, since you let the 17 coil go a while back, there is no way to know, thanks bro. Earl

Well we all know it's better than the stock 11 coil, but most likely not better than the 17, that's why people have not pulled the trigger, also on depth, i would most likely run the 17 , even if i got the 14x9 at the beach as hunting with the PI, more depth is best effective for deep laden Gold, since you let the 17 coil go a while back, there is no way to know, thanks bro. Earl

Earl I may get one after the storm. But I may need the $ for a new roof after this hurricane:shock:

I here ya Larry

Wish i was down their in Melbourne beach, i would be ready to jump on to the 1715 Fleet Beaches, as 5 weeks in sanded in May 2 years was a bust, only to return home with a Mel Fisher Fake, and 1 18k ring, i hope you get one , than we will know, if it's worth 395.00 clams, be safe bro., looks like a nasty one, might get some up here and my beach house , happy hunting, Earl Latest Cat 5 185 mph looks like Jacksonville gets hit Sunday be safe :windy::windy::windy::windy::windy::windy::windy::windy::stormy::hide:

Update Can't take wondering SO

Ordered the 14x9, will get a beach hunt in this Month, can't wait for Larry, I figure i will like it in the Surf as the 17 might get broke. Also ordered a Detecting Pal so my arm doesn't fall off :laughing:

Last edited:
I've had one for a few months now and I like it better than the 17 as it is easier to push through the water and easier to pinpoint. IMO
It is heavy but I believe it helps in the water, I put it on several months ago and have not taken off, I like it!
The coil cover on the other hand is !!!!, cheap thin plastic, it cracked in 4 spots the first time I tried to remove it for cleaning and guess what, nobody stocks it yet and I'm sure it's going to be big bucks.
My two cents.....

I've had one for a few months now and I like it better than the 17 as it is easier to push through the water and easier to pinpoint. IMO
It is heavy but I believe it helps in the water, I put it on several months ago and have not taken off, I like it!
The coil cover on the other hand is !!!!, cheap thin plastic, it cracked in 4 spots the first time I tried to remove it for cleaning and guess what, nobody stocks it yet and I'm sure it's going to be big bucks.
My two cents.....

Had the same thing happen to me,Hopefully somebody makes 1 soon.

Very few have it, a 400 dollar coil , is in ?, most likely would be better in the surf , but most likely not as deep as the 17, Dirty Dog pull the trigger if you have the cash, because i dont think we will get to much of a responce, Itsaring was suposed to get one, i was waiting on him, Choppa has one, he was suposed to take it on a beach hunt, and was purchasing another 17 coil for comparison but havnt herd squat from him, thats the dead end story to this thread, WHO KNOWS :lol:

Earl, I'm looking maybe after the storm. Like Larry said. I need to seen what kind of damage the storm brings. Be safe and capture some post storm gold.

Received

The 14x9 today, heavy duty coil, i also put a Detector Pal on, will test the coil out soon, however i will not be testing it against the 17 coil for a while, this might be my favorite coil , down by the rough surf line , Earl

Dang Larry, this has to be the longest running thread in history! :shock: Who knew a coil would be so popular?

14x9

After the 1st time i used the coil, i sent it back, as my CTX3030 kept saying on the screen NO Coil Detected, got this about every 30 seconds, in and out, when it said no coil detected, your detecting goes to , there is no detecting, people told me that it was probably a bad chip in the coil, that's why the coil kept on going in and out, sent it back for a full refund. Come to the conclusion , maybe it just was a lemon, how ever , wish other's luck with there coil, sad but true story , Earl

Back
Top Bottom