Hard Day Swinging, But a First For me!!

mr_whipple

So.. Two .69 round balls, a tiny head stamp that I'm really interested in, several small (annoying) lead fragments, a buckle... and my first ever silver coin. Probably the wrong place to post a coin, but hey... I was looking for CW relics at the time. :D

Attachments

• 005_1.JPG
    005_1.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 731
  • 006_2.JPG
    006_2.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 714
  • 007_1.JPG
    007_1.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 671
I'm looking at your coin and I'm thinking when oh Lord, when am I going to find my first seated !! And then you turned it over ! GRR:mad:

Wow! First Silver is a SeatedHalf Dime! Nice. I’ve been coinshooting 41 years and never found a half Dime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for looking everyone. I rarely find coins when detecting. I've found random clad here and there, and I have a few old Indian Heads and a large cent or two (badly toasted can't tell the dates), but for whatever reason, coins are uncommon. That said, finding a 170 year old silver is a treat! Heck.. in 1847 we were only a 29 state country....

Thanks again for looking and happy hunting!

That's quite the first silver coin!! Most of us grab a Rosie or Merc for their first, not an old Seated Half-dime- Congrats!!

Congrats on the seated half dime. Terrific find!
But, hey, if you're in Hampton Roads, there's no telling what you might find. Great historic location!

Back
Top Bottom