• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

park 2 or field 2...any difference on silver?

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
Has anyone compared these two while looking for silver coins? Are they the same except for the presets? (I think I read that on Steve H's forum).

I don't answer your question bit in theory, Park 1 and Field 1 has a lower weighted frequency in multi-freq mode therefore it should see silver better then the comparable '2' modes.

Nothing scientific here but I used Park 2 for many hunts and several hours and then switched to Field 2 and then after, in a tiny private lawn I have hunted repeatedly for over 2 years, several silver coins magically appeared.

Then again I also tweaked each program a lot to suit me in several areas so neither was factory standard.

Nothing scientific here but I used Park 2 for many hunts and several hours and then switched to Field 2 and then after, in a tiny private lawn I have hunted repeatedly for over 2 years, several silver coins magically appeared.

Then again I also tweaked each program a lot to suit me in several areas so neither was factory standard.

Thanks for the feedback Digger. I know park 2 and field 2 have higher weighted frequencies, but I wonder if the pattern of frequencies in park 2 are exactly the same as field 2? I'm going to start trying field 2. I've barely used field 1 or 2 because I get great results with park 1 and 2. I'm going to start trying them on places that I've hit in park 1 and 2.

Last edited:
I have just started using Field 2 for a good deal of my hunting and I feel like it is the best all-round mode.

Started using it on a permission of fields where a mill town was for 80 years, then bulldozed. This land is by far the most trash-filled dirt I've hunted in decades. It is to the point where you cannot use a pin pointer because of the nails and trash. You open a plug and find it is filled with glass and metal bits.
It sounds like all-metal mode when in fact the all-metal is turned off.

My best find there was a large sterling ID bracelet from the 1930s. It was a few inches under 2 large lag bolts. The Equinox 600 nailed the silver. But otherwise, not a lot of coins.

That was Park 2.

Went there this past weekend and used only Field 2. Not only is the ground filled with garbage, it has also been worked by a number of detectorists over the years. For us, its our go-to permission when there's nowhere else to go or if there are still a few hours of day left.

Field 2 seemed to just lock onto coins. I pulled 3 wheats, 5 memorials, 2 clad dimes and a clad quarter. Quarter was 5" down in the trash.
Even after using the 'Nox for a year now, I was very surprised.

I know reading this doesn't convey just how trashy the site is. I need to make a video to show the constant sound. But to still find any coins in this mess of land is amazing.

I also like how Field 2 hits silver. I used Field 2 for the silver hunt at this years Garrett memorial hunt. I was finding Rosies buried on edge that other were missing. Field 2 screamed on silver.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Don't quote me on this but if I remember right it was determined that park1 and field 1 are transmitting the same freqs in multi. Park 2 and field 2 also transmit the same freqs although higher weighted. The question that no one has answered that I know of how the freqs are processed in each mode. If I remember right there are really only 2 freqs being transmitted in multi in any given mode. I also was under the impression that they were the same except for presets.

Last edited:
Don't quote me on this but if I remember right it was determined that park1 and field 1 are transmitting the same freqs in multi. Park 2 and field 2 also transmit the same freqs although higher weighted. The question that no one has answered that I know of his the freqs are processed in each mode. If I remember right there are really only 2 freqs being transmitted in multi in any given mode. I also was under the impression that they were the same except for presets.

And Minelab ain’t about to give up their secret sauce.
Who could blame them.

Don't quote me on this but if I remember right it was determined that park1 and field 1 are transmitting the same freqs in multi. Park 2 and field 2 also transmit the same freqs although higher weighted. The question that no one has answered that I know of his the freqs are processed in each mode. If I remember right there are really only 2 freqs being transmitted in multi in any given mode. I also was under the impression that they were the same except for presets.

I have no clue but I have tested a few things in the field that we a solid ID ..say on a quarter.. in MULTI

Ok switch to 5, 10,15,20,40 freq.. none seemed to match the Multi.. so I am not sure how the whole thing works

Theres this park that I have been hitting as a kind of, place to go when I just want to get out and there is this area probably 50 X 50 feet that has almost no noise (or targets) even at max sensitivity, its kinda odd.
I found a 1919 wheatie and a nice looking ring deep but nothing else, not even trash and I have always used Park1 I think its time to dabble with Field mode at this park.

:signals:

Back
Top Bottom