Silver Sabre To The Rescue

Silversmith45

Elite Member
I took my newly repaired garrett out for another hunt only to have the coil bolt break. Luckily I had my original Tesoro Silver Sabre with me. For being about thirty-five years old it still works. I found some change and got a strong signal next to a tree. At first I didn't know what I had found since it was caked with mud. After banging it against the tree I saw that it was a knife. After taking it home it cleaned up well and works fine.
FK 2.jpg

Nice find. A person can never have too many knives. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about another break down with the Garrett but glad you had your back up along. The Knife is a great recovery. Even better that it is usable condition. Trapper

Makes me think we should keep a spare bolt for such occasions. Never had an issue with my Compadres ever busting a bolt. I guess if I bring my 6” Nox coil along every hunt I’d have a spare.

Cool knife!

Nice old detector, that Silver Sabre. Back in the 1980's my daughter used to detect with me and that's what she used. Don't have it any more though.

It's repaired again, Now I am waiting for the rain to stop. it's supposed to rain every day this week except Wednesday. How is your new detector working.

Really well. :mder: Last time out I found over $2 in clad at a park we've hit numerous times and a lot of the coins were masked by other signals when we were using our other detectors. I haven't been able to get out the last couple weeks, and rain is forecasted for the majority of this week where I am as well. :stormy: Hopefully, we'll be able to get out this week sometime. :detector:

Back
Top Bottom