Saturday Morning Hunt

diggin4clad

Elite Member
I got out bright and early and headed back to the 1930 middle school I hunted last week. This time the field was in better condition than last week due to having a few good days of weather here for a change. The puddles were gone but the ground was still a little mushy but no complaints from me. I had two and a half hours to hunt and came away with 37 clad coins worth $5.08, a key, and what appeared to be a sterling silver religious medal. After looking at it closely and scratching the back of it, I found out it isn't sterling but instead is plated.

Attachments

• IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
That’s a lot of quarters that mean that place hasn’t been hunted at all or hunted much. To put it in perspective I’ve never dug that many clad quarters in a hunt. There has got to be silver there if the ground hasn’t been messed with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a lot of quarters that mean that place hasn’t been hunted at all or hunted much. To put it in perspective I’ve never dug that many clad quarters in a hunt. There has got to be silver there if the ground hasn’t been messed with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually it's been hunted by ME on many occasions. :mder:The field is HUGE to say the least and there's still a lot of territory to cover...…. Three baseball diamonds and a soccer field in the middle make up this field. I've taken silver out of here but not recently unless you count sterling silver jewelry. Today's quarter total was good but is a long way off from one hunt in a different location where I dug 73 of them.

What ? An east coast Connecticut post with NO LC's or colonial coppers ? Tsk tsk, you guys are slipping out there ! :laughing: :sissyfight:

Back
Top Bottom