• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Soil and water saturation effect?

Seaking406

Elite Member
We're in the liquid sunshine part of the seasons here in Nova Scotia, almost two weeks of wet and grey... pooh said Bother.

And the ground has been very saturated for a while now, dig a hole and the water table is mere inches below (holes fill in from below).

So, in these conditions, does the water saturation in the ground affect how a metal detector works? The soil here is either baked hard or muddy...

I'd been out a few times with the Nox600 and ACE 250 between the downpours and noticed that my target VIDs are slightly different from what I had recorded last year as references..

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

We're in the liquid sunshine part of the seasons here in Nova Scotia, almost two weeks of wet and grey... pooh said Bother.

And the ground has been very saturated for a while now, dig a hole and the water table is mere inches below (holes fill in from below).

So, in these conditions, does the water saturation in the ground affect how a metal detector works? The soil here is either baked hard or muddy...

I'd been out a few times with the Nox600 and ACE 250 between the downpours and noticed that my target VIDs are slightly different from what I had recorded last year as references..

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

So you dig a hole and it fills with water? Did you find the finger drain?

And you're in Nova Scotia? Where the Templars are known to have buried treasure?

Could it be? A flood tunnel? Only a few inches deep?

Is the legend of miniscule Templars true? Did they travel here from lilliput in the 14th century and bury priceless treasures, protecting it with booby traps?

With the heavy moisture in the soil, the target metal has a tendency to leach small particles off into the soil around it. This is known in metal detecting gargin as "halo" effect. This makes the target appear somewhat larger to the detector thus in many cases can be detected deeper. The moisture also is a blessing due to the degree of ease when digging that discovered treasure. Good luck.

Increases conductivity which could be good or bad depending on the site. Excess water can make rusty iron sound good. Also in highly mineralized ground it could increase feedback. But in clean mild ground it can increase depth.

So you dig a hole and it fills with water? Did you find the finger drain?

And you're in Nova Scotia? Where the Templars are known to have buried treasure?

Could it be? A flood tunnel? Only a few inches deep?

Is the legend of miniscule Templars true? Did they travel here from lilliput in the 14th century and bury priceless treasures, protecting it with booby traps?

Geesus, we're never gonna hear the end of it.. ;)

ENOUGH already! no more, please.. we beg of you! lol

LOL...ok, ok...I give up....

but only ONE more dig...THAT'S where the treasure is :)

In reality though, they HAVE found the treasure...in having the show on for so long...there's where the real money is :)

Funny enough Oak Island is just down the highway from where I live.. I'll send you a pic next time I'm down there.. lugging back the treasure ;)

So THAT'S why they can't find the treasure....

You're really a descendant of one of the original Knights Templar, aren't you? You've been guarding the treasure all along, it's really hidden on Hickory Island, and you and your ancestors really built the "flood tunnels" on Oak Island to divert attention from the REAL location.

So THAT'S why they can't find the treasure....

You're really a descendant of one of the original Knights Templar, aren't you? You've been guarding the treasure all along, it's really hidden on Hickory Island, and you and your ancestors really built the "flood tunnels" on Oak Island to divert attention from the REAL location.

Well, that's what we would like people to believe.. ahem..

Back
Top Bottom