NOX 600 iron bias

JOFO17

I was wondering what iron bias setting are good to use in semi trashy fields? In the few weeks I have had my new machine I have had more then a few large iron objects give me a VID that got me excited. Nothing like digging 18" to find a horse shoe that showed in the mid 30's.

Hi,
iron targets will definitely give more than one target ID and target tone on the Nox depending on their size, rust level and if they are heavily alloyed, galvanized or mostly steel.

In Park 1 on the 600, iron bias default is 2. It is 2 in Beach 1 and Beach 2 also. So there is already two levels of changes to the natural iron signal in effect with only one level more to go of adjustment to max.

In Park2, Field 1 and Field 2 on the 600, the default iron bias is 0 so no changes to the natural iron response. You still have three levels of adjustment left.

It would be good to experiment with the iron bias/recovery speed settings for your area. So, You can adjust the iron bias a little, sure. For me it is easier to also do one or a combination of these three things: -hunt with some iron discrimination (up to around zero) and have a low volume level threshold tone that will null on discriminated iron targets even when they give a mid teens number or higher they will also null the threshold, -use the horseshoe button to temporarily remove the iron discrimination so you can hear the iron target response and see the negative numbers along with the mid range target sounds and numbers, -use the iron range tone and volume adjustments so that the iron volume is just barely audible if you want to hunt with no iron discrimination set and hear just a faint low iron tone response and see the negative numbers.

Jeff

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom