Need help locating previous post by bobm31

ToddB64

Elite Member
Hi Vlad !

I've been using the SEARCH mode, trying to locate a previous post by bobm31, but with no luck (probably due to my not setting up the search correctly). I also browsed through the two forums that I thought his post might be under, namely "General Hobby Discussion" and "How to Use Your Metal Detector"; again, no luck . :(

The post I'm seeking had to do with swinging the coil of the ACE250
[/i]fast over a coin on edge. I believe I sent a reply to this post around the end of Dec., 2005 and may have used the subject title "Fast Swing Coin on Edge With ACE250", but not sure. I made a brief "chicken scratch" note at the time to watch for his return reply, but seems I didn't give myself enough specific direction to find the post & replies. :mad:

I hope this is enough info. for you to locate something at headquarters, otherwise, perhaps bobm31 can help. I hav'nt gone to him directly yet.

Thanks abunch !

ToddB64
ACE250

[/b]

Todd, did you try using the author search, but if it was Dec post it may be gone, forget when the new forum format started but Vlad may still be able to help!

PaDigger,

Thanks for the reply........I'll try author search.

Guess there are a lot of late-night browser's out there !

HH :D
ToddB64
ACE250

ToddB64 said:
PaDigger,

Thanks for the reply........I'll try author search.

Guess there are a lot of late-night browser's out there !

HH :D
ToddB64
ACE250

Todd...maybe this is what you are looking for...Bob

I just completed a quick "in ground" experiment with a nickel, then a penny on edge at 4" deep. All I noticed is that I had to scan "faster" to detect them with 4 BARS of SENSITIVITY.

I also did an "in ground" experiment with a pull-tab (that IDed as a pull-tab...I have another pull-tab that IDs as a nickel) in the hole on top of a penny (laying flat)....no problem with pennies, nickel, dimes and quarters. However, with the pull-tab that IDs as a nickel in the hole with a coin. The quarter IDed as a dime and the dime IDed as a penny and the penny IDed just to the left of its icon as did the nickel. All IDed at "normal" sweep speeds.

What I have learned from these expeiments is that if a coiin is "on edge" it may be missed at normal sweep speeds.

Fast Swing Coin on Edge, With ACE250

bobm31,

Thumbs Up on your reply re subject ! :D

I appreciate your going to the trouble of re-creating that post for me.
It's now part of my ACE250 info. file.

Good TH'ing,

ToddB64
ACE250

Back
Top Bottom