Best Travel Saltwater Machine

Boondocks

What do y’all think is the best saltwater (chest deep water) machine to travel with. Gotta have performance like my excal II but ideally I’d like it to fold up tiny for the suitcase. All thoughts are appreciated.

I know I've only used mine once but I'd have to say the Equinox with the its shaft that breaks down into 3 pieces and it's very light weight. That's what I would take.

Get a travel shaft for the Excal and take the Equinox as a backup, if you have waterproof headphones. I have over 10,000 hours with the Excalibur and less than 100 with the Equinox in salt/fresh water. I more I use the Equinox, the more I learn and the more I like it. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses. No one detector can be the best in all situations. Plus you should travel with a backup if you are serious about a detecting vacation. Don't forget to take the necessary parts and spares.

If you are down to one...try a DectorPro Underwater, not bad, different and fun.
And if the environment where you plan to travel to is such, a PI might be in order. The White's Surfmaster Pro or Dual Field or a Garrett Infinium.

I know I've only used mine once but I'd have to say the Equinox with the its shaft that breaks down into 3 pieces and it's very light weight. That's what I would take.

The longest piece of the Equinox shaft doesn't fit into a carry on sized bag. It does fit into a large bag though. I traveled with mine and discovered this. I just carried the long shaft in my hand. Just an fyi. No one said boo about it.

BCD

Thanks Felix the 😺. Can you totally submerge the Nox? Also, is it stout enough to handle a strong current without tearing up the shaft or making the machine unable to find anything? Thanks for the reply! Anybody else?

Instead of spending $$$ on a new machine, I would use your Excal with the Plugger 4-piece CF dive rod. It allows you the versatility to dive or work the land.

R5

Thanks Felix the 😺. Can you totally submerge the Nox? Also, is it stout enough to handle a strong current without tearing up the shaft or making the machine unable to find anything? Thanks for the reply! Anybody else?
Its submersible to 10 feet - in theory at least! I don't know about the "stout" part, that's my only criticism of it so far.

Instead of spending $$$ on a new machine, I would use your Excal with the Plugger 4-piece CF dive rod. It allows you the versatility to dive or work the land.
R5
X2 - I missed that you already have an Excal. This is probably your best option since WP headphones for the Equinox are hard to come by at the moment. Just stick with your Excal and take Raider's suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom