LS Pelso Exquinox Headphones

dirtydog

Forum Supporter
Kelly Co is advertising water proof headphones called LS Pelso. They are taking preorders. Has anyone used them or know anything about them. They are yellow like the Koss but Im not sure if they are. They use speakers not piezo's.

I might suggest asking treasurehunter, he's on here some where. I can tell you Tony's shells (MSA's) are way better then those, but now as far as speakers, the audio should be more defined. What we need is someone to get a set and tear them apart so we know what speakers they are using..pirates we are!

I am making a different version of the ones i made Kapi called Oxycoin's. Cause they are made from an Oxydol bottle and coin holders. Parts for the Nox plug got tied up in customs it appears:roll:

Attachments

• IMG_2920.jpg
    IMG_2920.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,215
Beware With These Headphones

I got these from Ebay from a guy in the Ukraine for $85 and they arrived today. They’re 16 ohm speakers and the volume is too low and not good enough even with the Equinox on full blast. I sent him a message stating so. I will probably not be returning them as I just ordered 45mm piezo speakers that my buddy that modded Merlin will be taking care of swapping out the speakers for me. (Under $19 for a set of 5 from Australia). Even with the added cost I will still come out ahead but now I have to wait more time for the piezos to come in. :roll: I do not recommend getting these unless you’re willing to go through the trouble I’m about to.

Attachments

• Ukraine headphones.jpg
    Ukraine headphones.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,113
I got these from Ebay from a guy in the Ukraine for $85 and they arrived today. They’re 16 ohm speakers and the volume is too low and not good enough even with the Equinox on full blast. I sent him a message stating so. I will probably not be returning them as I just ordered 45mm piezo speakers that my buddy that modded Merlin will be taking care of swapping out the speakers for me. (Under $19 for a set of 5 from Australia). Even with the added cost I will still come out ahead but now I have to wait more time for the piezos to come in. :roll: I do not recommend getting these unless you’re willing to go through the trouble I’m about to.

But... now we know who has spares! :D

R5

Joe..... ill be surprised if they have audiosears..... we both know the price of those babies.... salty. They would have to sell a lot of um and seal them MUCH better than the piezos.

Itsa..... hey buddy ive used the coin shells for years now over the back of my piezos..... darn good fit. They glue perfectly to those large piezos. Use a thin piece of lexium in front and a light coat of aquaseal on the peizo for added protection and you are in business.

Any pair of waterproof phones you get i suggest opening them up and doing a good inspection to see whey you might want to add some aquaseal.... like visible wire connectors. A good many now wear masks and snorkel here in Fl. So it dont take long to know if a pair really is waterproof. If they go...... most times its the wire connectors.

^^^THIS!

FWIW, the set I received from Tony Eisenhower (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxEB5FHykU&list=PLb4IOyJ82GnXfBf3KXIZUrgqk-_XGwcnM) is very loud. Given I have great hearing, I actually have to turn down the speakers when in the surf. If he is still making them, they are around $160 + shipping.

Attachments

• tony.jpg
    tony.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,073
^^^THIS!

FWIW, the set I received from Tony Eisenhower (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxEB5FHykU&list=PLb4IOyJ82GnXfBf3KXIZUrgqk-_XGwcnM) is very loud. Given I have great hearing, I actually have to turn down the speakers when in the surf. If he is still making them, they are around $160 + shipping.

OK, after some back on forth with the guy he's agreed to reimburse me $20 which I think is fair. Now its just the waiting game for the piezos to come in and my buddy to do the work once its in his hands. He tried to insinuate that either I or the new Equinox was the problem since no one else had complained. I can't imagine he's sold that many though. :roll: Below is one of my responses to him. Another issue with the headphones is the ear-cup holders are made of chromed steel. I see a Peltor mod needing to be done eventually due to rust. My eyesight is not that great anymore but I do have excellent hearing since I didn't attend any of those loud concerts through my youth! :lol:

Attachments

• Ukraine headphones.jpg
    Ukraine headphones.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 973
  • Message.jpg
    Message.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 969
OK, after some back on forth with the guy he's agreed to reimburse me $20 which I think is fair. Now its just the waiting game for the piezos to come in and my buddy to do the work once its in his hands. He tried to insinuate that either I or the new Equinox was the problem since no one else had complained. I can't imagine he's sold that many though. :roll: Below is one of my responses to him. Another issue with the headphones is the ear-cup holders are made of chromed steel. I see a Peltor mod needing to be done eventually due to rust. My eyesight is not that great anymore but I do have excellent hearing since I didn't attend any of those loud concerts through my youth! :lol:

Andrey from Ukraine? isn't he a member on here? Wasn't there a guy from Ukraine by that name who was always selling foreign coins in the classified section.

Andrey from Ukraine? isn't he a member on here? Wasn't there a guy from Ukraine by that name who was always selling foreign coins in the classified section.
Don't know. :?: The headphones did come from the Ukraine and his 1st name is Andrey. If they were louder and the cup holders were stainless they would be excellent 'Nox headphones for the money.

gg ampibians with ctx connector im gonna try, i have a guy that can make custom plugs for the nox gg ampibians are nice and loud with a clear sound i think :D H.H.: guys

I might suggest asking treasurehunter, he's on here some where. I can tell you Tony's shells (MSA's) are way better then those, but now as far as speakers, the audio should be more defined. What we need is someone to get a set and tear them apart so we know what speakers they are using..pirates we are!

Thanks for the reply. My nox hasn't arrived yet so I was fishing for the right HP's.

I am making a different version of the ones i made Kapi called Oxycoin's. Cause they are made from an Oxydol bottle and coin holders. Parts for the Nox plug got tied up in customs it appears:roll:

That sound interesting Larry. Looks like good work. Let us know how they turn out. I may Hookah in the future so I'm trying to take that into consideration.

I got these from Ebay from a guy in the Ukraine for $85 and they arrived today. They’re 16 ohm speakers and the volume is too low and not good enough even with the Equinox on full blast. I sent him a message stating so. I will probably not be returning them as I just ordered 45mm piezo speakers that my buddy that modded Merlin will be taking care of swapping out the speakers for me. (Under $19 for a set of 5 from Australia). Even with the added cost I will still come out ahead but now I have to wait more time for the piezos to come in. :roll: I do not recommend getting these unless you’re willing to go through the trouble I’m about to.[/QUOTE

I saw those on ebay Felix. But every time I order something on ebay out of the US I get taken. So I don't even try anymore.

Any pair of waterproof phones you get i suggest opening them up and doing a good inspection to see whey you might want to add some aquaseal.... like visible wire connectors. A good many now wear masks and snorkel here in Fl. So it dont take long to know if a pair really is waterproof. If they go...... most times its the wire connectors.

Great suggestion on the aquaseal. Thanks for the advise.

^^^THIS!

I know TE has a great reputation on producing good HP's. Scuba said they were not loud enough for diving. That's something I think I would like to try.

scuba....... you ever try waterproof earbuds then put a pair of muffs over them when diving?

Ive got a pair now with audio sears...... piezos ..... and Tonys (which are well designed) but mines got just a tad more volume. Harold makes a loud pair for the CTX ..... he started using a better pair of muffs with SS slides.

Attachments

• harolds phones.jpg
    harolds phones.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,005
My eyesight is not that great anymore but I do have excellent hearing since I didn't attend any of those loud concerts through my youth! :lol:
Wish i could say that. Darn Van Halen concert back in the day i got up front and blew an eardrum. :lol:

Tony's sound great wading. EVERYTHING stinks diving. The Equinox is NOT a diving machine.

Minelab did not make the volume adjustment loud enough. The CTX has the same problem and Minelab didn't care.

I did not say I dove with them as you are right the box is not a diving machine.

I never used any garrett machines but has anyone used their waterproof headphones? would just have to change the plug for the nox I guess.

Back
Top Bottom