Coin and Jewelry mode vs. Beach mode in parks

sandfisher1

I am using a White's TreasurePro.
What mode do most people use in parks? I'm curious.
The ground in parks I detect varies greatly. Fron trashy fill dirt to sand due to a lot of soccer fields to thick clay hard as rock dirt to really great soil. Sometimes all in the same park.
I generally use jewelry mode and the discrimination varies, depending on how trashy the park is. In most cases, a lot of trash. But I only block out the the pull tabs. Mostly high 20's and the 30's

I have been air testing a lot of coins.
Two things I have recently noticed.
One is when testing larger gold and silver coins, it seems I get better results in the beach mode.
Not much, but definitely a difference.
Is this the normal with all detectors?

Coin and Jewelry or Beach mode in parks?

Thank you ,
sandfisher1

To start with air test are fun but mean nothing much.. you don't md in the air..
Beach mode if like most other Whites machines add Salt into the gound balance meaning the machine will ingore a VDI of zero and probably above and below 0 just a bit.. (guessing on that) so you can detect in the wet salt sand

The other thing to remember is if you are notching out high 20s to 30s in park mode, you are discriminating out Gold. If a gold ring came in at 18 but you had 20 -30 notched out, then the signal may be weak as it is affected by the 20-30 notch. Now allow 20-30 and see what you 18 sounds like.. If you are looking for gold in a trash filled park, do not discriminate and dig every freaking signal from 2 - 80.. I don't look for gold in parks like that.. don't need it bad enough to work that hard..
Good luck!

Hope that helps.

I'm just experimenting with options that I have with the TreasurePro.
I do dig almost everything. As much as humanly possible.

Have dug 3 gold in the last 6 months.
Gold ring, white gold and a 10k hollow gold hoop earring.
VDI 44,36 and 6 in that order.
But gold is few and far between.

Thank you. It all helps.

sandfisher1

Back
Top Bottom