MineLab X-Terra 50 Sensitivity

MikeM

Hi: I have a question I would like to ask concerning "Sensitivity". When I set the ground balance on my X-Terra 50, I set my sensitivity to a single digit. My question is: once I have accomplished the ground balance what should I set the sensitivity at for "Land" trashy areas? I know on the beach the setting should be between 10 & 12 on wet sand and higher for dry sand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Always set the sensativity on your detector to as high as you can keeping the stability of the detector in mind. You should have a smooth operation. If you don't then lower the sensativity till it becomes stable.

Hi Tony: Thank you for the information. I'm currently in the process of learning the X-Terra 50. It has allot of nice features and I want to make sure I use it properly. I have both the 7.5 KHz & 18.75 KHz search coil and I'm trying to experiment with both to see how best to use the sensitivity. The discrimination mode on it works well. I have the option to preset what targets I want to reject or accept or use the factory presets. Thanks again for your help.

Hi Mike,
I agree with Tony and would like to add that i always raise the  coil to waist level then set sensitivity as high as i can to maintain stability on both visual screen and audio ,this allows for any electrical interference in the air. Then lower coil to the ground and adjust if necessary to stabilize and begin GB procedure. I prefer to run a little on the edge of stability if the ground is the only source of instability.
This method helps decide the level of problems if any that you may have to deal with in my opinion. I have the X Terra 50 and think it's a wonderful detector. Good Luck ,Bill

Back
Top Bottom